Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What has NT done ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What has NT done ?????

I use NT to trade forex trough MB and one of the indicators I use is ComulativeVolumeOrTick created by sgbtrading.

Today I upgraded to NT 6.5.1000.7 and the calculation of the indicator is totally messed up. I have 6.5.1000.6 still running on a other computer also conected to MB and the results the indicator shows on 6.5.1000.7 are totally off, the even do not remotly resemble the ones from 6.5.1000.6.
    Even simply in tick count mode its totaly different.

I liked the indicator like it was in 6.5.1000.6 so I need to know what has been changed so I can adapt it to work again correctly like in 6.5.1000.6

Thanks

Please see here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ad.php?t=11224

Comment

Hello Dierk,

I just downloaded 6.5.1000.7 yesterday so I should have the correct build (your post in the other tread is from day 31) but I have this problem

Or is the build in the post different from the one on the download page

Comment

Please proceed exactly as per post #12 (which is a different build than regular 6.5.1000.7).

Comment

Hello Dierk,

I installed the modified built like you sugested but it also does not work properly (everything is still off or not working)! Maybe an other bug

In pure tick count mode the indicator is still totaly off compared to the same indicator running on 6.5.1000.6 (exactly same MB data) but in UpDownTick count mode or BidAsk mode it even does not works at all while in UpDownTick mode it works properly on 6.5.1000.6

Apart of this I noticed that before with the 6.5.1000.7 build from the download page (the official one I had installed before) sudenly the NT VolumeProfile indicator worked correctly, showing both, bid and ask trasactions (while till now it always showed all trasactions like beeing on the bid) but whith this modified build you let me install it again does not work properly (shows like all transactions are on the bid)

I add the ComulativeVolumeOrTick indicator so you can test for your selve
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm checking into that and will report to you later.

Comment

Please proceed as per post #18 here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...0149#post60149

Note: Currencies do not have "last" data on MBT, it's simulated by the bid data. Thus it's exact same as bid data.

Comment

Helo Dierk,

Could you please have a serios look at this.
                The new mod from the last link you posted (post #18) also does not work (no change at all), there is still a the same bug in 6.5.1000.7!

Please let someone from your team install 6.5.1000.6 on a PC, conect to a MBtrading forex account, load the indicator I atached a couple of post ago (ComulativeVolumeOrTick indicator), now select UpDownTick count as operation mode and you will see, everything works perfect.
                Now upgrade to 6.5.1000.7 conect to a MBtrading forex account, load the indicator I atached a couple of post ago (ComulativeVolumeOrTick indicator), now select UpDownTick count as operation mode and, NOTHING WORKS, the indicator prints a line for a instance showing a insane number of up or down ticks (something like 50 milion up ticks for example which is totaly impossible) and desapears totaly.

I am shure this is a bug becouse the code in the indicator is straight forward, not too complicated and it works perfectly in 6.5.1000.6

Please check into it

Thanks
                Last edited by whitegun; 11-06-2008, 08:25 PM.

Comment

a) Please make sure you clear your browser cache before downloading the build: it definitely (!) works different regarding bid/ask on MBT currencies.
                  b) Sorry, I could not get your 3 rd party indictaor running here nor could we take any responsibility on 3rd party components.
                  c) However, I did run tests on our NT indicators and everything appeared to work normal.
                  d) If you still experience issues then please pick a NT standard indicator try to pin-point your issue there (after making sure you installed the build after clearing your browser cache) e.g. by comparing it on 6.5.1000.6 and 6.5.1000.7 (screenshots then would help).

Comment

Hello Dierk,

a) I cleared my browser cache before downloading the build, and it definitely (!) works different regarding bid/ask on MBT currencies because it’s working WRONG!

b) This has nothing to do with whether the indicator is 3rd party or not!
                    Following code worked in 6.5.1000.6 but does not work in 6.5.1000.7:

if(e.Price > LastTransactedPrice) Direction = 1;
                    if(e.Price < LastTransactedPrice) Direction = -1;
                    if(Direction == 1) { buys += e.Volume; Total += e.Volume; }
                    if(Direction == -1) { sells += e.Volume; Total -= e.Volume; }
                    LastTransactedPrice = e.Price;

So it’s a NT issue (before the above code counted the ticks right and now it shows like several million ticks have occurred while only one has occurred) and NT needs to solve it regardless 3rd party indicator or not because 6.5.1000.7 interprets the above code totally wrong and messes everything up while the code worked perfectly in 6.5.1000.6
                    c) NT is very limited in official indicators and none of them does what the above code does.

P.S. Adding the indicator costs you only 15seconds time and it’s not so complicated! I suppose you know how to do it, if not I can explain you how to add it, go to file, utility ...
                    I really don’t understand it, I try to do everything to point out a bug in your program so it is not carried on to the next version and you seem to try everything you can and use every possible excuse only not to check into it (if NT interprets a code wrong while it interpreted it right before what this has to do with whether the code was written by a NT stuff or a 3rd party???)

Comment

Please see (b) on my post below below: We could not get your 3rd party indicator running here.

Please contact the author for resolution. Please let the author know he could contact us in case of questions. Unfortunately there is nothing more we could do at that time.

Comment

Dierk,

You are just commenting what I am trying to explain you all the time, you could not get the 3rd party indicator running because strangely it does not work at all in NT 6.5.1000.7 BUT IT WORKED AND WORKS PERFECTLY IN NT 6.5.1000.6 and in the release notes of 6.5.1000.7 there are no changes mentioned that could render the indicator useless (still it works in 6.5.1000.6 but not in 6.5.1000.7). SO IT MUST BE SOME KIND OF BUG!

Comment

Please see (b) in my post below: the 3rd party indicator did not run AT ALL. It locked up NT (!). Please proceed as per below and contact the author for resolution. The author should contact us in case of question. Unfortunately there is nothing more we can do at that time.

Thanks for your understanding.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by poplagelu, Today, 05:00 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post poplagelu  
                          Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes