Collapse

CCI Pattern Recognition for Woodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe, but don't quote me on this, that a SW = 60 is for range bars and 100 for time/tick bars. There is no way to change the limits in the forecaster. because the Forecaster is strictly a range bar indicator.

The SW values and bar colors are created in WoodiesCCI and not the Forecaster. You might ask in chat what the correct settings are. I would be interested as well.

Yes, apparently Woodie changed from limit0 = 30 to limit0 = 60 on range bars for the SW. Once I made the correction in the Forecaster the red ZLRs disappeared.
    Last edited by snaphook; 01-02-2011, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Turbo forcaster

Hello all,

Does the most recent version of CCI Forcaster include Turbo values forcast? I'm looking for Turbo/CCI crossovers.

th

Comment

BETA BETA BETA BETA

There seems to be enough interest and questions that I am posting a BETA version of the next update with the hopes of getting feedback on performance.

The attached version includes the ability to disable opposite end of bar signals, a turbo forecaster with dots, though not as fully implemented as the CCI forecaster (too much stuff on the chart), and an early moonshot implementation. It also corrects the red SW ZLRs that have been occurring because of a change to the sidewinder0 values. I have included a basic panel that does not include all of the fluff in the other panels. I won't charge extra.

The moonshot requires 4 parameters to: a) define a band around 0 into which the CCI must move, b) a band around the 100s into which the turbo must move, c) the separation between CCI and turbo on the previous bar, and d) the max turbo value before a signal is disabled.

I am providing this with the warning that it has not been well tested and should be run alongside the most recent official posting. The moonshot is best guess only at this time.

BETA BETA BETA BETA
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Snaphook,

I'm interested in giving this a go but if I import the indicator wont it overwrite the existing indicator? I don't want to loose my existing setup. Is there a way to load and run it in addition to what I already have?

Comment

Aloha Snaphook good work.Is the current Woodies AT updated to include the new moonshot pattern?
            Thanks jungo
            Last edited by jungo; 01-08-2011, 04:11 AM. Reason: misspelling.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Snaphook! I'll test this out as well.

Comment

Originally posted by snaphook View Post
                BETA BETA BETA BETA

There seems to be enough interest and questions that I am posting a BETA version of the next update with the hopes of getting feedback on performance.

The attached version includes the ability to disable opposite end of bar signals, a turbo forecaster with dots, though not as fully implemented as the CCI forecaster (too much stuff on the chart), and an early moonshot implementation. It also corrects the red SW ZLRs that have been occurring because of a change to the sidewinder0 values. I have included a basic panel that does not include all of the fluff in the other panels. I won't charge extra.

The moonshot requires 4 parameters to: a) define a band around 0 into which the CCI must move, b) a band around the 100s into which the turbo must move, c) the separation between CCI and turbo on the previous bar, and d) the max turbo value before a signal is disabled.

I am providing this with the warning that it has not been well tested and should be run alongside the most recent official posting. The moonshot is best guess only at this time.

BETA BETA BETA BETA
                Snaphook, you Rock!!!

A couple of suggestions for your consideration:

The thickness of the WCCI histogram and the CCI line are determined from the same parameter. If I change the thickness of the histogram let's say to 5 to make them thicker the CCI line thickness will also change to 5 and will not be as sharp at turning points. Could you make it possible to change the thickness of the histogram independently?

Provide flexibility to change the thickness of Ghost and Vegas trend lines.

Also, to help the indicator look cleaner could you move the version information to the left side?

Is the moonshot the same as sling shoot in the indicator parameters table? What are the default values for the moonshot?

Thanks a bunch!

Comment

The thickness of the WCCI histogram and the CCI line are determined from the same parameter.

That is a function of Woodies CCI and not the Forecaster. I have no control over that.

Provide flexibility to change the thickness of Ghost and Vegas trend lines.

That would be easy enough.

could you move the version information to the left side?

If I do, it interferes with the NinjaTRader Copyright. I will set it so it appears only on every 5th bar.

The moonshot is an approximation of the slingshot. Basically the CCI gets to around 0 +- a band amount and the Turbo goes to 100 +- a band amount and the two need to be separated by a specified amount. Then both hook to the north (south for shorts) preferably with vigor. I have set a default value only because I needed one. Try out others to see where you get the best results.

Good Trading to you.

Comment

I believe, but don't quote me on this, that a SW = 60 is for range bars and 100 for time/tick bars. There is no way to change the limits in the forecaster. because the Forecaster is strictly a range bar indicator.

The SW values and bar colors are created in WoodiesCCI and not the Forecaster. You might ask in chat what the correct settings are. I would be interested as well.

Yes, apparently Woodie changed from limit0 = 30 to limit0 = 60 on range bars for the SW. Once I made the correction in the Forecaster the red ZLRs disappeared.
                    Snaphook,

Thanks again for your hard and unselfish work. FWIW, and for your consideration in a future update of CCIForcater. Although the forecaster is written for range bars it does provide Z,F,G,S,etc. sibnals for both range bar and time based bars (and tick also). It is just valuable tool for placing the signals on the chart. In fact I don't even plot the CCI on my charts, just the forecaster signals as an indicator and use signals for trading stocks which are time based. The forecast values for cci and colors for sw and czi are not much used in swing trading stocks.

As I recall, Woodie was using Sidewinder levels of 100 and 60 for minute (1, 5,etc.) charts. However, for 60 minutes and larger time frames he would change the default CCI period from 14 to 20 and the Sidewinder levels to 100 and 30.

I understand that the forecaster is simply calling the values from the CCI indicator. However, it would be great if the Forecaster can provide variable levels for the SW so that the signals can be used on 60 minutes, daily, and larger time frames for swing trading.

Have a fun day!

Comment

Bot strategy

Any u guys using this in a autotrading bot strategy like DesertSoft sells?

Comment

I haven't heard a lot of feedback so I guess the mods are fine. Here is the latest BETA. I have added the ability to change trend line thickness and the SideWinder variable so you can use it with time bars, stocks, commodities, on the commode, or as a center piece for next Thanksgiving dinner. Enough of the jocularity.

Again, please let me know of any roaches, ants or spiders.

Oh, and the advertisement in lower right only appears every 5th bar.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by snaphook; 02-05-2011, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Ss de?

Hi Snaphook,

I have been using this and really appreciate the Data Extraction, very nice thank you.

I can't seem to get the SS to log anything and don't see an option for it...am I missing something?

thanks again!

Comment

Not your fault, my oversight. Reload the latest beta and let me know if that fixes the problem.

Comment

I haven't heard a lot of feedback so I guess the mods are fine. Here is the latest BETA. I have added the ability to change trend line thickness and the SideWinder variable so you can use it with time bars, stocks, commodities, on the commode, or as a center piece for next Thanksgiving dinner. Enough of the jocularity.

Again, please let me know of any roaches, ants or spiders.

Oh, and the advertisement in lower right only appears every 5th bar.
                              Snaphook,
                              I had installed the first beta version and was working fine. When I try to install the most recent beta version I get error message that a file with the same name already exits or a file is missing and will not install. Does the latest beta version have the same name as the earlier beta?

Also, the sling shot (or moon shot), is it an original Woodie pattern, if so, how Woodie described it? Is it documented anywhere?

Thanks and great work, as usual.

Comment

al,
                                Yes, it uses the same file name as the prior beta. I re-uploaded it in case something was amiss.

The moon shot (sling shot) was an original Woodie from long ago. You can google for it and find several sites that show it, trading-naked for one. Basically it is a blend of a ZLR and GB100. There are two bands, one around 0 and one around the 100s, 3 bands?. You define the extent from these lines that the bands will encompass. Essentially the CCI must enter the 0 band and the turbo must enter the opposite 100 band (-100 for longs) and there must be a minimum separation between the two, also configurable by you. The signal triggers on a reject of the 0 and 100 bands.

Best of trading to you,
                                snap

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by junkone, 04-28-2024, 02:19 PM
                                8 responses
                                1 like
                                Last Post brucerobinson  
                                Started by mkouitra, 10-23-2021, 04:40 PM
                                17 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                                Started by Vietanhnguyen2hotmailcom, 05-03-2024, 10:29 AM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Vietanhnguyen2hotmailcom  
                                Started by PhillT, 04-19-2024, 02:16 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post PhillT
                                by PhillT

Started by ageeholdings, 05-01-2024, 05:22 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post ageeholdings