Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaphook View Post
    <skipped> ...back to the original trend... <skipped>
    Trend is up -- all lines are blue, not a single red one. How come we have GB short? Where is the previous down trend? Am I missing something here?

Comment

Ah, the "trend lines". NT does not display trend lines "correctly". I believe Woodie now requires a break of the 100 line before returning to the original trend to change the trend and that did not happen. Therefore the trend remained to the downside.

I wish Woodie would officially notify NT of that requirement so they could change it. If you learn differently, please let me know so I can make the change.

Snap

Comment

See this thread at Woodies.

Comment

Hi snaphook,
          I am not sure I follow your trendline comment - could you please clarify what you mean by saying the trendlines would not display correct?

Thanks!
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Actually I should have said trend bars. Woodie now requires a break of the 100 before a new trend is established, so if a downtrend is in place and the CCI trades above the 0 line, never breaks 100, and crosses back below the 0 line, the downtrend would still be in place regardless if there were 6 or more bars above the 0 line. The Ninja implementation, however, colors the bars after the 5th one above the 0 line, in the uptrend color and sets the new trend to be up.

I don't know if Woodie has ever set this requirement down in writing and I know NT_Ray doesn't want to make the change until Woodie officially notifies NT, and I don't blame him.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to clarify snaphook!
              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Panel problem

Hello Snap,

If I load your Forecaster on panel 2, on top of Woodies CCI, only the cci projector is shown, no indicators, no text.... Nothing on panel 1 either.

If I load it on panel 1, on the barchart, the text and the indicators are shown on this panel.
                Only the cci projector is shown on panel 2.
                I use Vista.

On my XP system, I do not have this problem, but I can not display text and indicators simultaneous.

Can you help me?

Comment

I've seen and heard of similar occurrences. The only solution I have heard of that works is to uninstall NinjaTrader and reinstall it. I believe you can uninstall and reinstall w/o losing your templates and workspaces. If that does not work, rename MyDocuments NinjaTrader 6.5 to something else and reinstall. This will create a new shared folder with all new documents. You can move your indicator files back into it as you see fit. Just recompile one of them to rebuild the indicator list.

On of the oddest was when the patterns and text would show up in panel 1 and the CCI Forecaster in Panel 2 with Woodies CCI. The CCI Forecaster is a plot whereas the rest are draw objects and text. The reinstall with a renamed folder resolved this issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Comment

rename NT File

Hello Snaphook,

your second suggestion, to rename the file, worked perfectly.
                    (the first one did not work).

Thank you,
                    Bruno

Comment

That's great. I think it is probably in a .xml corruption issue, but haven't a clue which one.

Comment

I have uploaded a new version of the Forecaster and the DataExporter to go with the new version.

If you have both, just grab the DataExporter as it has the Forecaster included in the Zip file. If you have the DataExport in your indicators folder and don't grab the new DataExport, you will get compile errors. The same goes for any indicators and strategies you may have based on the Forecaster.

This is the latest CCI_Forecaster reference requirement for coders.

CCI_Forecaster(ChopCrosses,Extremes,FamirHookMin,F amirLimits,MaxSignalValue,MinZLRPts,MinZLRValue,Pe riods,RejectLevel,TrendLength,UsePoints,UsePointsA mount,VMaxSwingBars,VMaxSwingPoint,VTHFEPenetratio nLevel);

If you see spaces such as "Fa mirLimits", ignore them. I don't know how they get there, but they show up on my screen.
                        Last edited by snaphook; 12-29-2008, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Big Thank You

Since I didn't found any sign/post of gratitude for the last 2 weeks, I will do it.

Thank you snaphook and all other contributors for your hard work & making this available.

makra

Comment

CZI off color issue

Hello all,

I am trying to solve the CZI 1-2 off color issue.

Exp.: The objective is to create a ZLR signal at 15:01 o'clock.
                            (pls see pic attached)

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	850077

Comment

CZI off color issue

To do that I added / changed as follows:

Code:
                              [COLOR=DarkOrange][B]private double sumchopzone2L = 0; 
                              private double sumchopzone2S = 0; 
                              private double sumchopzone4L = 0;
                              private double sumchopzone4S = 0; [/B][/COLOR]

Code:
                              #region ZLR
                                              [COLOR=DarkOrange][B]sumchopzone2L = (ToDay(Time[0]) == LastDate ? cziHighsw : myWoodies.ChopZone[0]) + myWoodies.ChopZone[1];
                                              sumchopzone2S = (ToDay(Time[0]) == LastDate ? cziLowsw  : myWoodies.ChopZone[0]) + myWoodies.ChopZone[1];[/B][/COLOR]
                                              sumchopzone3L = (ToDay(Time[0]) == LastDate ? cziHighsw : myWoodies.ChopZone[0]) + myWoodies.ChopZone[1] + myWoodies.ChopZone[2];
                                              sumchopzone3S = (ToDay(Time[0]) == LastDate ? cziLowsw  : myWoodies.ChopZone[0]) + myWoodies.ChopZone[1] + myWoodies.ChopZone[2];
                                              [COLOR=DarkOrange][B]sumchopzone4L = sumchopzone3L + myWoodies.ChopZone[3];
                                              sumchopzone4S = sumchopzone3S + myWoodies.ChopZone[3];[/B][/COLOR]
                                             [B][COLOR=DarkOrange] sumchopzone5L = sumchopzone4L + myWoodies.ChopZone[4];
                                              sumchopzone5S = sumchopzone4S + myWoodies.ChopZone[4];[/COLOR][/B]
                                              sumchopzone6L = sumchopzone5L + myWoodies.ChopZone[5];
                                              sumchopzone6S = sumchopzone5S + myWoodies.ChopZone[5];
                                              sumchopzone7L = sumchopzone6L + myWoodies.ChopZone[6];
                                              sumchopzone7S = sumchopzone6S + myWoodies.ChopZone[6];
                                              sumchopzone8L = sumchopzone7L + myWoodies.ChopZone[7];
                                              sumchopzone8S = sumchopzone7S + myWoodies.ChopZone[7];
                                              //Print("sumchopzone2S "+sumchopzone2S);
                                              //******* ZLR LONG ENTRY ******

// Check for up trend, sidewinder must be neutral or trending and CCI can't be greater than 120
                                              if(useSWForecaster == false)
                                              {
                                                  if ((Trend == 1 && Direction == 1 && myWoodies.Sidewinder[0] >= 0
                                                  && (sumchopzone3L>=11 || sumchopzone5L >= 16 || sumchopzone6L >= 18 || sumchopzone7L >= 22 || sumchopzone8L >= 24 ||
                                                    [B] [COLOR=DarkOrange](sumchopzone2L>= 8 && sumchopzone3L >=  4 && sumchopzone4L >= 8  && sumchopzone5L >= 12 && sumchopzone6L >= 16 ) )[/COLOR][/B]
                                                  ))
                                                  {
                                                  ZLRL_H = (CCIup<=MaxSignalValue 
                                                      && CCIup-myWoodies[1]>=MinZLRPts 
                                                      && CCIup >= MinZLRValue); 
                                                  ZLRL_L = (CCIdown<=MaxSignalValue 
                                                      && CCIdown-myWoodies[1]>=MinZLRPts 
                                                      && CCIdown >= MinZLRValue); 
                                                  }
                                              }
                                              else
                                                  if ((Trend == 1 && Direction == 1
                                                      && (sumchopzone3L>=11 || sumchopzone5L >= 16 || sumchopzone6L >= 18 || sumchopzone7L >= 22 || sumchopzone8L >= 24 ||
                                                        [B] [COLOR=DarkOrange](sumchopzone2L>= 8 && sumchopzone3L >=  4 && sumchopzone4L >= 8  && sumchopzone5L >= 12 && sumchopzone6L >= 16 ) )[/COLOR][/B]
                                                      ))
                                                  {
                                                      ZLRL_H = CCIup<=MaxSignalValue 
                                                      && CCIup-myWoodies[1]>=MinZLRPts 
                                                      && CCIup >= MinZLRValue 
                                                          && SWAbsH >= 30;
                                                      ZLRL_L = CCIdown<=MaxSignalValue 
                                                      && CCIdown-myWoodies[1]>=MinZLRPts 
                                                      && CCIdown >= MinZLRValue 
                                                          && SWAbsL >= 30;
                                                  }    
                                                  if(ZLRL_L && ZLRL_H) ZLRL_E = true;

//******* ZLR SHORT ENTRY *******
                                              if(!ZLRL_H && !ZLRL_L)// If there is no ZLR Long, check ZLR Shorts
                                              {
                                                  if(useSWForecaster == false)
                                                  {
                                                      if ([B]([/B]Trend == -1 && Direction == -1 && myWoodies.Sidewinder[0] >= 0
                                                          && (sumchopzone3S <=-11 || sumchopzone5S <= -16 || sumchopzone6S <= -18 || sumchopzone7S <= -22 || sumchopzone8S <= -2 ||
                                                            [B] [COLOR=DarkOrange](sumchopzone2S <= -8 && sumchopzone3S <=  -4 && sumchopzone4S <=  -8 && sumchopzone5S <= -12 && sumchopzone6S <= -1 ) ) [/COLOR][/B]
                                                          )[B])[/B]
                                                      {
                                                          ZLRS_H = (CCIup>=-MaxSignalValue 
                                                          && myWoodies[1]-CCIup>=MinZLRPts 
                                                          && CCIup <= -MinZLRValue); 

ZLRS_L = (CCIdown>=-MaxSignalValue 
                                                          && myWoodies[1]-CCIdown>=MinZLRPts 
                                                          && CCIdown <= -MinZLRValue); 

}
                                                  }
                                                  else
                                                      if ((Trend == -1 && Direction == -1
                                                          && (sumchopzone3S <=-11 || sumchopzone5S <= -16 || sumchopzone6S <= -18 || sumchopzone7S <= -22 || sumchopzone8S <= -24 ||
                                                             [COLOR=DarkOrange][B](sumchopzone2S <= -8 && sumchopzone3S <=  -4 && sumchopzone4S <=  -8 && sumchopzone5S <= -12 && sumchopzone6S <= -16 ) ) [/B][/COLOR]
                                                          ))
                                                      {
                                                          ZLRS_H = (CCIup>=-MaxSignalValue 
                                                          && myWoodies[1]-CCIup>=MinZLRPts 
                                                          && CCIup <= -MinZLRValue) 
                                                          && SWAbsH >= 30;

ZLRS_L = (CCIdown>=-MaxSignalValue 
                                                          && myWoodies[1]-CCIdown>=MinZLRPts 
                                                          && CCIdown <= -MinZLRValue) 
                                                          && SWAbsL >= 30;
                                                      }
                                                      if(ZLRS_L == true && ZLRS_H == true) ZLRS_E = true;
                                              }
                                              #endregion
                              It compiles without problems, but still no ZLR is shown.
                              I can not figure out why ?

Can someone please help ?
                              Last edited by makra081; 01-11-2009, 12:41 PM.

Comment

CZI off color issue

one more thing:

The cvs file created by the unmodified data export indicator in conjunction with the unmodified CCI_Forecaster does contain all ZLRs .

Now I am lost

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by PhillT, 04-19-2024, 02:16 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post PhillT
                                by PhillT

Started by ageeholdings, 05-01-2024, 05:22 AM
                                5 responses