CCI Pattern Recognition for Woodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is addressed in this thread, but basically,

The only patterns you will see are lines for a ZLR and GB100. The rest are alpha: Z=ZLR, F=Famir, V=Vegas, B=GB100, T=Tony, G=Ghost. There are lower case letters below the cap letters. These indicate where the signal wil trigger. At the top of the range bar (t), bottom of the range bar (b), or at either end (e).

Sometimes you wll see both a long and short signal for the same bar. This may occur if different signals will trigger at the top and bottom of the bar, e.g., a ZLR and a Famir near the 0 line.

If this is confusing to anyone and you are considering looking at Woodies system, trot on over to WoodiesCCIClub dot com and familiarize yourself with his system before trading with this indicator.

Comment

re

Snap,

thank you for your ongoing support.

Comment

Text on pattern formation

Hi Snaphook,

I have been using the CCI forecaster and the Desertsoft WCCI side by side.

Noticed some discrepancy. When DSWCCI forecasted a Famir Long..CCI Forecaster did not do it? See the attached chart.

Another thing which I wanted to know is that is it possible to print the Alert of Pattern formation in the chart itself like desertsoft does? Also can you please let me know what the "4" marked by me in Panel 2 signifies.

Thanks

AC
        Attached Files

Comment

AC,

1) It's hard to tell from the chart but it looks like that famir in DS will trigger significantly above the 120 cut off point. If that is the case, The Forecaster will not predict it because the cci will be above the Max Signal Value. You can change the Max Signal Value if you want, so signals triggering at higher values will show.

2) It seems that an additional text alert as in DS would simply be redundent because the signal is already displayed at the bar. It could be done easily enough but it wouldn't add a great deal to the indicator.

3) That is on the Panel which is not mine, but I believe it tells how many ticks from the end of the range the current price is. In this case the price is 260.80 and the low for the range will be 260.60, so 4 x .05.

GTTY,
          Snap

Comment

Originally posted by snaphook View Post
            This is addressed in this thread, but basically,

The only patterns you will see are lines for a ZLR and GB100. The rest are alpha: Z=ZLR, F=Famir, V=Vegas, B=GB100, T=Tony, G=Ghost. There are lower case letters below the cap letters. These indicate where the signal wil trigger. At the top of the range bar (t), bottom of the range bar (b), or at either end (e).

Sometimes you wll see both a long and short signal for the same bar. This may occur if different signals will trigger at the top and bottom of the bar, e.g., a ZLR and a Famir near the 0 line.

If this is confusing to anyone and you are considering looking at Woodies system, trot on over to WoodiesCCIClub dot com and familiarize yourself with his system before trading with this indicator.

Snap,

The long and short signal on the same bar for ZLR and Famir works great. I'm one of those who avoids a ZLR after a Ghost. So, when this situation arises, in the AutoTrader, i bring up the strategies window and set Trade ZLRs? to False, then hit Apply. This way the ZLR is "deactivated" while keeping the possible Famir trade active...Very Powerful! You don't have to pause the whole strategy. Later i re-set the ZLR to True and continue on as usual.

One issue i'm having though is that, on my charts, the letter for ZLR patterns, ie the Z, does not show on the chart the next day. All the other letters show just fine, G, F, etc...but no Z. What do i need to do pls?

thnx
            -marvel

Comment

Hmmmm, is that with all the Z's or just those following the ghost?

edit

And is the line missing as well or just the Z?
              Last edited by snaphook; 07-20-2009, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Snap,

All the Zs do not show the next day and the ZLR lines do not show either...all other letters show fine.

-marvel

Comment

Text is gone

Hi Snap,

your text (labels) showing the patterns disappeared.
                  Colored bars and lines are still shown.

Can you help me?

Thank you,
                  Bruno

Comment

A few queries

Hi Snaphook,

I am falling in love with ur work... a few more queries:-

1. What is Javier's sidewards mkt module and how is it different from the normal sideward criteria?
                    2. What is the momo change module? How is it helpful...couldn't locate more on this in woodies.
                    3. Have a look at the snapshot....so many ZLRs sharply in contrast to DSWCCI? Have I configured CCI forecaster right?
                    4. Can you tell me how to include the pattern forming text or an arrow in the panel..this is very useful to locate changes if you have 3-4 charts on the screen.

Thanks

AC
                    Attached Files

Comment

1) Javier's Sideways - It's a bit tough to describe untill you try it. Basically it looks at highs and lows prior to the 4th cross and sets those as sideways market exits rather than a break of the 100 line, which frequently is too late for a good signal breaking out of the sideways pattern. Try it and see what you think.

2) The momo change identifies places following a trade entry where the CCI turns against the trade and the close is also against the trade. Many people use it to exit losing trades before a full stop out.

3) Those appearing 2 and 3 in a row are continuation ZLRs. The others also look valid, though it is hard to say from the pic. Check your ZLR settings, min change and level (cci value)

4) I'll have to think about this one and test it, but I believe if you add the following right after the ghost draw routine #endregion statement, line 2173?, it should work.

int k = WCCIPattern[0];
                      switch (k)
                      {
                      case 0:
                      DrawTextFixed("alert","",TextPosition.BottomRight) ;
                      break;
                      case 1:
                      DrawTextFixed("alert","ZLR Long forming",TextPosition.BottomRight);
                      break;
                      case -1:
                      DrawTextFixed("alert","ZLR Short forming",TextPosition.BottomRight);
                      break;
                      case 2:
                      DrawTextFixed("alert","Famir Long forming",TextPosition.BottomRight);
                      break;
                      case -2:
                      DrawTextFixed("alert","Famir Short forming",TextPosition.BottomRight);
                      break;
                      case 3:
                      DrawTextFixed("alert","Vegas Long forming",TextPosition.BottomRight);
                      break;
                      case -3:
                      DrawTextFixed("alert","Vegas Short forming",TextPosition.BottomRight);
                      break;
                      case 4:
                      DrawTextFixed("alert","GB100 Long forming",TextPosition.BottomRight);
                      break;
                      case -4:
                      DrawTextFixed("alert","GB100 Short forming",TextPosition.BottomRight);
                      break;
                      case 5:
                      DrawTextFixed("alert","Tony Long forming",TextPosition.BottomRight);
                      break;
                      case -5:
                      DrawTextFixed("alert","Tony Short forming",TextPosition.BottomRight);
                      break;
                      case 6:
                      DrawTextFixed("alert","Ghost Long forming",TextPosition.BottomRight);
                      break;
                      case -6:
                      DrawTextFixed("alert","Ghost Short forming",TextPosition.BottomRight);
                      break;
                      default:
                      break;
                      }

Comment

Hi Snaphook,

Thanks for the prompt help as always..

I have inserted the code but it displays the opposite trend..if ZLR is long text displays short and vice versa...I have rectified that by reversing the switch values and it works fine now.

Can I also print a dark up/down arrow in red/green on the panel or elsewhere on pattern formation..this brings the formation to quick notice..if yes how?

Thanks

AC

Comment

Originally posted by Brunoben View Post
                          Hi Snap,

your text (labels) showing the patterns disappeared.
                          Colored bars and lines are still shown.

Can you help me?

Thank you,
                          Bruno
                          Try this:
                          This is most likely a Ninja memory problem.
                          If you use a fresh chart AND OR a fresh workspace the problem is solved for a while (do not load an old template, use everything fresh)

this solved similar issus on my side.

Comment

ac,
                            blush, blush,

well I told it wasn't tested. Actually just change

int k = WCCIPattern[0];

to

int k = WCCIPattern[0] * WCCIDirection[0];

and it works. Your fix won't work, either.

sorry.

Comment

makra is right. Not sure what happens, but sometimes NT kinda spaces everything out. It is almost always linked to a corrupt .xml file such as the workspace or template.

Comment

Originally posted by makra081 View Post
                                Try this:
                                This is most likely a Ninja memory problem.
                                If you use a fresh chart AND OR a fresh workspace the problem is solved for a while (do not load an old template, use everything fresh)

this solved similar issus on my side.

Hello makra08,

it worked out the way you described it.

Thank you
                                Bruno

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by mkouitra, 10-23-2021, 04:40 PM
                                17 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                                Started by Vietanhnguyen2hotmailcom, 05-03-2024, 10:29 AM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Vietanhnguyen2hotmailcom  
                                Started by PhillT, 04-19-2024, 02:16 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post PhillT
                                by PhillT

Started by ageeholdings, 05-01-2024, 05:22 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post ageeholdings