Collapse

CCI Pattern Recognition for Woodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Snap here are the answers you require (I hope)..

Use Ghost Points or Percent: Points
    Use Ghost Points/ percent Amount: 10
    Ghost Pattern display: True

Those particular patterns are on TF on 11/26 between 11:10 AM and 12:10 PM aprox.

I am ashamed (really, I am) to ask this question but does it trigger Double Headed Ghost as well? I can remember either way.

Thanks Snaphook

By the way, I did not download your very last revision so this is not caused by it.

Javier

Comment

Javier,
      I have resolved your problem and will upload a revision this afternoon after some additional testing.

The Forecaster does not trigger on double headed ghosts. If there is enough demand, I could perhaps work on it. Personally I don't like ghosts that trigger after a series of 4, 5 or more peaks and valleys.
      Last edited by snaphook; 11-30-2008, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Learning the Forecaster

Would anyone care to please explain the intended meaning / interpretation of the CCI predictor dots... sometimes green on top of red, sometimes underneath red, sometimes red/green far apart, sometimes on top of each other.
        Thanks

Comment

rj, Can you post a screen shot? The green dot predicts the CCI at a High close and the red a Low close. The distance apart depends on volatility.

Javier, Every time I correct the one ghost, I get issues with others. For now I will simply leave it alone as the conditions are rare (the little blip just before a 0 line cross). If I have to completely rethink my approach, I may add a double headed option.

Comment

Originally posted by snaphook View Post
            rj, Can you post a screen shot? The green dot predicts the CCI at a High close and the red a Low close. The distance apart depends on volatility.

Javier, Every time I correct the one ghost, I get issues with others. For now I will simply leave it alone as the conditions are rare (the little blip just before a 0 line cross). If I have to completely rethink my approach, I may add a double headed option.
            Snaphook: That is fine .Thank you so much for everything you do.

Comment

CCI Predictor Dots

Snap,
              If as you say, green dot predicts the CCI at a High close and the red a Low close, why is Red Dot Above Green? I have tryed to attach the screenshot you requested.
              Thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

The strategy worked in the wcci.cs Sim mode is not correct,
                Orders are not running and there are
                Contract 4 instead of 2 triggered.
                Where is the problem
                I find no error, can anyone help?

Comment

Originally posted by rjburek View Post
                  Snap,
                  If as you say, green dot predicts the CCI at a High close and the red a Low close, why is Red Dot Above Green? I have tryed to attach the screenshot you requested.
                  Thanks
                  RJ, I see by your picture that you customize colors. Check the 'CCI Forecaster' High color and Low color; they may have been switched?

Comment

Originally posted by rjburek View Post
                    Snap,
                    Thanks
                    The forecasting of CCI will only work correctly on range bars, as the expected high and low of the bar can be calculated. It will have no relevance on your 5 minute chart.

Comment

barricade,
                      What strategy are you referring to? The one I posted a couple of pages ago? I've stopped woking on it. Perhaps something else will come up in the near future.
                      Last edited by snaphook; 12-04-2008, 05:54 PM.

Comment

You're the best, we are waiting.
                        Thank You.

Comment

Snaphook,

You're the man!!! I really, really appreciate your work, and I want to send you a BIG, BIG, Thank You!

Comment

Following the performance enhancements, I started noticing some signal display problems. I believe I have the issue corrected and have just uploaded a new version, 2.12.

Comment

Hi Snap,

I do not believe this GB100 is correct (please see attached).
                              Attached Files

Comment

If you are talking about it going to Extremes, I don't believe there is a requirement that it exceed 100 but not 200, so long as the other requirements are met.

Personally, I don't like it because of the 0 line crosses, but the long trend is there as is the CZI color and TLB (though Woodies is a little lax on the TLB).

From Woodies 1.3

The GB100 trade is a ZLR that just went too far on the CCI, and goes passed the 100 lines then back to the original trend. You must have a Trend Line Break and the pattern must be triggered before 6 bars are printed. The main nuance must be a long line of blue/brown on chop zone indicator. This will show that any moving average will have a good slope up/down. The trigger is crossing the 100 line and trend line break. The SI does not have to be in agreement.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by PhillT, 04-19-2024, 02:16 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post PhillT
                                by PhillT

Started by ageeholdings, 05-01-2024, 05:22 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes