Calculate Value Area of volume at price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T2020 View Post
    Yes , please explain the Open hours settings more . In Calif. the regular open
    would be 6:30 , but this generates an error . Can only set it to 6 or 7 . With
    out proper setting , how can anyone use this indicator ?
    Never mind again . I just needed to think about it more . Would like to know
    what the original setting was . VWTPO ? before the added options .
    Last edited by T2020; 12-21-2008, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by T2020 View Post
      Would like to know what the original setting was . VWTPO ? before the added options .
      Glad you were able to figure out the OpenHour and OpenMinute settings...about the profile types, VWTPO, TPO or VOC, I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by "original setting". Maybe you're asking what is the most frequently used profile type? I think most people use TPO, some use VWTPO, and few (if any) use VOC. Since I'm not the one who created this analysis technique, and since I'm not a trading coach or mentor, I recommend doing due diligence to help understand the implementation of this indicator. I know that www.enthios.com is a site that uses market profile in almost all occasions. I believe they use the TPO profile type...but I may be wrong about that. Personally, I thought the VWTPO would be more valuable since it accounts for transacted volume as well as price.

Comment

Originally posted by sbgtrading View Post
        .about the profile types, VWTPO, TPO or VOC, I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by "original setting". Maybe you're asking what is the most frequently used profile type? .
        Guess I thought the author originally created the indicator with only one profile option . Not always easy to fine these type of answers . So far ,just
        looking at a bunch of charts , the VWTPO seems to be the most useful . IMHO. Thanks for posting back .

Comment

Great Job!
          The numbers it's giving seem to be spot on. How hard would it be to get today's developing value area?
          Thanks.

Comment

@sbgtrading

I´m not able to display this indicator for stocks > 99,99. Also GS (92,88) isn´t possible today.

Do I have to change the settings?

Thanks

Comment

I'm not getting anything on the SPY . The D value area indicator plots though .??

Comment

If there are questions, please specify which indicator is causing the problem (use the name that appears on the chart). Also, a screenshot of the Control Center > Log tab would be helpful.

Thanks,
                Ben

Comment

Speaking for my self only . The Calculate Value Area does not plot when I
                  add it to a chart of the SPY . If I switch the same chart to ES 03-09 ,then
                  it shows up or plots fine . The fellow that made some slight changes to your
                  indicator ( Dvaluearea "his version") , his will plot on the SPY . ??? That's
                  all I was saying . hth's

Comment

There are two limitations with this indicator: (the indicator ZIP is found on post #1 of this thread)

1) It does not run on daily, weekly or monthly charts
                    2) It is limited to 2000 ticks of daily range. So, if you're running it on a stock that varies by more than $20.00 (2000 ticks) in a day, you'll get a warning message and the indicator won't plot. To fix this, you can customize the indicator and add more ticks to the array. Edit the indicator in the NinjaScript editor and hit "Ctrl-F" to find "2000". Change that occurrence of 2000 to 3000 or more, to accommodate whatever daily range your instrument has. Then hit F5 to recompile the indicator.

Comment

Different readings

Hi,

Thanks and I love this indicator. But I do get different numbers depending if I run it on a 5 min ES or a 1 min ES. Both charts are identical in every way since I use templates. Same open close and settings on dValueArea. Sometimes the numbers are the same and sometimes different. The one value that varies the most is the POC?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Blair

Comment

While the values may be different for different timeframes, I see the values as approximations. Different programs calculate these values differently so there are always differences between other programs anyway. Whether the value area is 75 or 74.50 or 73, really makes little difference in the overall picture and is of little consequence. If you are looking for something more precise, fin alg has a tpo indicator but is not free.

Comment

Poc

I have concern that the POC point of control is accurate some days. I'll give out two days and maybe someone can check the results with there's.

POC May 8th 923.5 seems high
                          POC May 7th 903 seems low

regards,

Blair

Comment

anyone?

is there another way to confirm these POC's via a website or something. Some days they seem really off

Comment

I believe there are various sites around that publish this info, a google search may be of help.
                              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What is the difference between poc of market profile and poc of volume areas?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                                14 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post aligator  
                                Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                                6 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post emuns