Collapse

Scalper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all! Has there been any updates to this indicator at all since the last post? Thanks!

Comment

No, none at all.

Comment

Thanks. Which post contains the most recent version? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ericadam View Post
          Thanks. Which post contains the most recent version? Thanks!
          The first one.

Comment

Many thanks for your nice work and for posting it!

Comment

Audio alert

Is it possible to put an audio alert on the scalper....?

Comment

Sure you can open the code in the NinjaScript editor and work the PlaySound method in - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...PlaySound.html
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried placing playsound after the draw arrow statement but it sounds on every tick...I put it in the wrong place...?

Comment

pgagabriel, unfortunately I'm not familiar with the custom code you're working in, when you need more options to customize your alert you can use Alert() - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...eV6/Alert.html

Also: which CalculateOnBarClose setting do you use with this indicator?

Comment

Sorry but I am not a programmer so this is beyond me...I just wanted to add the code to create an audio alert on the scalper incicator when it shows an arrow or colors a bar....

Comment

pgabriel, you can always ask the original author if your desired changes can be worked in - if you need this custom programmed professionally you could contact those NinjaScript consultants - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

Comment

Hey Whitegun,
                          I sent your TS text file to a friend who uses Tradestation and he made the indie. He said it prints the confirmed Scalper Bars just fine but no arrows. Is there any way to add Show Trigger Bars in the TS version to print an arrow like it does in Gumphrie's Scalper? I'm personally having great success in trading only with this indicator, but I depend on the arrows to print to place the orders before a confirmed Scalper bar prints. My friend wants to duplicate what I'm doing, but he's a die hard Tradestation fan.
                          On a second note, do you know how to add a sound alert to Gumphrie's Scalper indicator where it won't play on every tic? I've tried everything, including setting bool variables when it draws an arrow but the sound plays on every tic. I don't get this since CalcOnBarClose is True. There doesn't seem to be an answer in the forum on how to make PlaySound only play once when an arrow prints. I don't want to pester Gumphrie, but I really need this alert so I don't have to watch the screen every second. If you can help, that would be great and much appreciated.
                          Thanks!!
                          Joe

Comment

Looks like a promising indicator in hindsight, too bad that the signals generated when trading in real-time are so lagging. Does anyone trade with this indicator, and if so, how do you use it? Anyone find a way to use this nice-looking indicator in real-time trading?

Comment

update

Updated first post with new version that has options for playing alerts on new scalper bars and new/removed trigger arrows. Better late than never

Also people keep asking me about whether the indicator can be made any less lagging. It's just the ways it works with pivot points, I don't know any secret technique, the best advice I know is to do as Trade1953 does and follow the alert arrows for indication of where the next scalp will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Trade1953 View Post
                                I'm personally having great success in trading only with this indicator, but I depend on the arrows to print to place the orders before a confirmed Scalper bar prints.
                                Can you please show us some examples on how you use the scalper indicator and on what instruments ES, YM, TF, NQ, 6B, 6E, 6J and timeframes? Please post some charts and it will help one and all and especially newbie traders.

Regards.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                                14 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post aligator  
                                Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                                6 responses
                                0 likes