Collapse

Help with Sine Wave as S/R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I have noticed too that the dots are too big... The DrawDot method does not get any FontSize as parameter... Maybe somone from the NT support can help on this?
    If there is an indicator that draw dots in smaller size let me know and I can see what it's doing...

How do you use that indicator?

Comment

You could for example work with a font like windings in the DrawText method and adjust the size by changing the fontsize.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yuvalw,

You cannot resize dot objects. If you want a smaller dot you could try using DrawText and just use a period as the string.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by yuvalw View Post
          Yeah, I have noticed too that the dots are too big... The DrawDot method does not get any FontSize as parameter... Maybe somone from the NT support can help on this?
          If there is an indicator that draw dots in smaller size let me know and I can see what it's doing...

How do you use that indicator?
          It's very simple. The concept of Ehlers Sine Wave is cycle activities. Each time the two line crossed the market complete its cycle and turning point is possible. The two line S/R is support and resistance.
          I combine the Ehlers sinewave and other indicator to for confirmation. For example if the Ehlers sinewave indicate the cycle is end and turning point is possible, I wait for confirmation from my other indicator.
          I found it useful, personally.

Comment

Thx,

I'll try to reduce to dot size when I'll get my laptop back from the lab, hope it will be this week...

Comment

Originally posted by suhendri View Post
              ..One question though, is there anyway you can reduce the size of the dot or put a setting for dot-size? It's a bit big and I couldn't see my chart clearly.

I....
              SW with smaller dots.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Nkhoi,
                Thank you!! This look very nice and clear!!
                I think this should be put in file sharing.

Comment

Hi Nkhoi,
                  After checking and using the improved SR plot, I found some improvement that can be done. I hope you can take a look at this and again appreciate your effort and everybody else.

1. The resistance line supposed to start on the HIGH of the bar where the two lines of Ehlers sinewave crossed on top.
                  Vice versa, the support line supposed to start on the LOW of the bar where the two lines of Ehlers sinewave crossed on bottom.

Most of the time, the resistance line will do its job, however I found many times the support line does not plotted on the LOW of the bar.
                  This problem is of course can be easily detected if the trader familiar with the concept of SR lines but can be misleading if the trader didn't pay close attention.

2. This is just a glitch maybe. I changed the color of the SR lines but everytime I start my NT with my preset chart, my SR lines gone, but the Ehlers sinewave still there, after clicking on the the setting I found that the color of the SR lines chages to white thus is NOT visible on my chart.
                  So everytime I load my preset chart, I have to go the setting and change the color.
                  Please enlighten me if it was glitch on my NT.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by suhendri; 03-19-2009, 12:06 PM.

Comment

I did this according to the screenshot on the first post, there the S/R lines are from the Low/High of the bar BEFORE the cross...

Comment

Just checked, both versions appear to be plotting at exactly the same levels.

Comment

I don't have the original version so I don't know but thanks for pointing that out Troulouse. Good information to know.

Comment

alpha setting

can anyone explain the alpha setting on the sinewave indicator using cybernetics analysis

Comment

Sine Indicator from Barry Taylor now in Ninja script

Barry Taylor has recently published the Sine Wave indicator with Support-Resistance plot capability. Unfortunately it is 'black box' viz. the coding. I attach a pic with it loaded. It has text that shows pullbacks ('PB') in a trend, and then End of Trend ('End') - which in this example was immediately broken again to downside. If the PB happens above the breakout point (in a bear market), it assumes a return to cyclical activity, whereas if it happens below the BO, that is a pullback and the next up cycle is assumed to be the end of trend. Not always correct but helpful. Barry uses this indicator in multiple timeframes looking for convergence of cycle tops and bottoms rather than as a stand-alone trading indicator.

This package also includes a Paintbar which colors the bars when there is a trend and does not during cyclical periods (my down color is blue and upcolor is goldenrod so in the picture example below you can see a series of blues during the downtrend.)

Also, in terms of plotting dots with sizes etc. mentioned earlier, it is possible to change dot sizes and so forth without using text. The second and third plots below specify PlotStyleDot and then in the indicator panel menu you can change the size, although since I want the default '1' I don't specify anything here in the code. (Lines three and four are specified as dash lines with a thickness of 2 so I don't have to manually change them every time I load the indicator).

Add(new Plot(Color.Transparent, "Mean"));
                            Add(new Plot(Color.DarkGoldenrod, PlotStyle.Dot,"Upper"));
                            Add(new Plot(Color.SteelBlue, PlotStyle.Dot,"Lower"));
                            Add (new Plot(Color.SteelBlue, "ExtendUp"));
                            Add (new Plot(Color.DarkGoldenrod, "ExtendDown"));
                            Plots[3].Pen.Width = 2;
                            Plots[4].Pen.Width = 2;
                            Plots[3].Pen.DashStyle = DashStyle.Dash;
                            Plots[4].Pen.DashStyle = DashStyle.Dash;
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by cclsys; 06-19-2009, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                            5 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Bidder
                            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes