Super Trend For Ninja Trader Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple SuperTrend with buy and sell signals

For those who want the simple classical one with buy and sell signals you can find it here with other NT indicators:

Great trading systems provides free forex trading systems for metatrader, ninjatrader. Free metatrader indicators, trading system reviews for Secret Stock Index

Just select "S".
    Last edited by laurus12; 05-21-2010, 03:46 AM.

Comment

TSSuperTrend Strategy

Has anybody successfully coded TSSuperTrend as an auto strategy in a zip file that is willing share?

Thank You

Comment

Market analyzer

To the great programmers who developed this Indicator, I would like to be able to add this to the market analyzer to sound the alert. it would be in one spot and wouldn't have to be searching for the chart it fired on
        (a lot of the time they are minimized and have to hunt for the right one). I am not sure how this would be done. Any help would appreciated.

AL

Comment

Originally posted by dsraider View Post
          Thanks vrathee. I'd export but while it complies and works on my end, NT won't let me do so. I think it has something to do with the second Trend. Don't know. Anyway, following the steps below should work. I'll be posting an automated strat template soon into which people can simply plug in these parameters. A little cutting and pasting, but should be worth it.

Dave
          I'd very much like to get your final strat. Did you post it? If so were, I can't find it. Thanks!

Comment

Hey dewurster,

You can find the automated strat template here: http://www.bigmiketrading.com/free_d...load.html?view.

It doesn't have the SuperTrend in it, though. I just threw in a simple 20/50 crossover as an example. I ended up not posting here as after posting there and specifically telling people it was "as is", I still got a million emails basically asking me to code everyone their own individual automated strat and I just don't have the time to do that. Anyway, good luck with it. I hope it helps. Oh, also, while it says version 1.0, it's actually 1.1. For whatever reason, I wasn't able to change that.

Dave

Comment

TSSuperTrend strategy

Hi all,
              I'm using NT 7 Update 18 and the newest Version of the TSSuperTrend Indicator 2.3.
              The indicator works very well, thanks a lot to the developers!!!
              Unfortunately TSSuperTrend in the Version 2.3 seems not working in a strategy.

Compiling the recommended source code:

if (TSSuperTrend(14, TSSuperTrend.Utility.MovingAverageType.HMA, 2.618, 14, TSSuperTrend.Utility.SuperTrendMode.ATR).Trend[0]
              && !TSSuperTrend(14, TSSuperTrend.Utility.MovingAverageType.SMA, 2.618, 14, TSSuperTrend.Utility.SuperTrendMode.ATR).Trend[1])

{
              EnterLong(DefaultQuantity, "");
              }
              show the error message

NinjaTrader.Strategy.Strategy.TSSuperTrend(int,TSS uperTrend.Utility.MovingAverageType, double, int, TSSuperTrend.Utility.SuperTrendMode)' is a method, which is not valid in the given context.

I haven't found a solution in this thread. What am i doing wrong.

Thanks a lot for your support and best regards from Germany.
              Reiner

Comment

Vrathee,

Can you tell me what version of SuperTrend you are using in your screen shots of your trades on earlier post, and were I could find it. So many versions my head is spinning after reading all 22 pages of this tread.

Thanks,
                AL
                Last edited by garciaal; 07-24-2010, 06:30 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

TS SuperTrend

Hi guys, new here. Firstly thanks to the developers of the TS SuperTrend indicator and all who have done work to improve it.

Can someone suggest which is the best version of TS SuperTrend and the best settings for trading stocks and stock index futures on 5 and 10 minute time frames.

Thanks.

Comment

TSSupertrend Rounding

Thanks for all the work on this indicator. I was wondering if anyone could show me how to re calc it so the values it generates are rounded to the nearest even tick size for the instrument it is using. NT says the appropriate syntax is "Round2TickSize()" but I am not a programmer so this is beyond me. Can anyone help...?

Comment

I have a 'simple' version of TS SuperTrend in a very bare bones type of strategy, built on the framework of the MACD Crossover strategy posted in the forums... HUGE thanks to Art Runelis for the TSST and to NT_Josh for the framework http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...catid=5&id=393 ...
                      and I also have a 'not simple' version that I cannot resolve these errors (each time I try it gets MUCH worse) when I try to use enums instead of hard code of some of the variables/options available in the TSST .. I am using the enums because I want to be able to optimize extensively and there are just a lot of possibility .. let the machine do the work

These are the errors are with compiler code and line#s for those that can help me out:

Invalid token '{' in class, struct, or interface member declaration, CS1519 154
                      Namespace does not directly contain members such as fields or methods, CS0116 155
                      Type or namespace definition, or end-of-file expected, CS1022 176
                      Namespace member declaration expected. 153
                      Namespace member declaration expected 175

The strategy without the enums compiles and runs in NT7b19, not optimized, only raw version .. with the enums it does not compile. Only posting the .cs as all else you need you should have already TSST v2.3 and the rest is in the NT7.

Please post here if you can make the enum version work.

Thanks to all!
                      Jon
                      Attached Files

Comment

How to fix compile err

For those who are getting error message "NinjaTrader.Strategy.Strategy.TSSuperTrend(int,TS SuperTrend.Utility.MovingAverageType, double, int, TSSuperTrend.Utility.SuperTrendMode)' is a method, which is not valid in the given context."

Somehow the newer versions of TSSuperTrend do not include TSSuperTrend.Utility.cs in the package.

Here is what you do :

1. Remove all older versions of TradingStudies.NinjaScript.cs and TSSUperTrend.cs from your indicator folder. (...\Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\Indicator)
                        2. Copy the attached TSSuperTrend.cs and TSSuperTrend.Utility.cs to your indicator folder. (v.24 as of the message date)
                        3. Must add "using TSSuperTrend.Utility;" to declarations section of your indicator/strategy.

Let me know if it works for you.

~Nissii

Originally posted by actionjackson View Post
                        Hi all,
                        I'm using NT 7 Update 18 and the newest Version of the TSSuperTrend Indicator 2.3.
                        The indicator works very well, thanks a lot to the developers!!!
                        Unfortunately TSSuperTrend in the Version 2.3 seems not working in a strategy.

Compiling the recommended source code:

if (TSSuperTrend(14, TSSuperTrend.Utility.MovingAverageType.HMA, 2.618, 14, TSSuperTrend.Utility.SuperTrendMode.ATR).Trend[0]
                        && !TSSuperTrend(14, TSSuperTrend.Utility.MovingAverageType.SMA, 2.618, 14, TSSuperTrend.Utility.SuperTrendMode.ATR).Trend[1])

{
                        EnterLong(DefaultQuantity, "");
                        }
                        show the error message

NinjaTrader.Strategy.Strategy.TSSuperTrend(int,TSS uperTrend.Utility.MovingAverageType, double, int, TSSuperTrend.Utility.SuperTrendMode)' is a method, which is not valid in the given context.

I haven't found a solution in this thread. What am i doing wrong.

Thanks a lot for your support and best regards from Germany.
                        Reiner
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks nissii. If I see anyone with this issue, I will direct to your post.
                          Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can't access TSSuperTrend values from a strategy

I noticed the missing TSSuperTrend.Utility.cs as nissii from previous post but,
                            upon trying the same procedure to add it with the new TSSuperTrend version,
                            I still have the same problem trying to use the code as shown earlier in actionjackson's post.

I see plenty of posts where many people are using the indicator (which works wonderfully in the charts I might add) but, I have yet to be able to access the
                            values and haven't seen any examples where anyone else has either.

Can anybody please show me the error of my ways ?

Comment

I also can't get it to work. Added both files and still get the method error. Used both latest beta and 6.5.

Comment

I'm using NT 7.22, and the TSS indicator is a bit buggy. I had to turn _colorbars = false as default
                                o/w it creates lots of problems. No idea about NT 6.xx, never used it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post lightsun47  
                                Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post 00nevest