Super Trend For Ninja Trader Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using wizard generated:
    TSSuperTrend(14, TSSuperTrend.Utility.MovingAverageType.SMA, 2.618, 14, TSSuperTrend.Utility.SuperTrendMode.ATR).Trend[0]
    Get Error:
    'NinjaTrader.Strategy.Strategy.TSSuperTrend(int TSSuperTrend.Utility.MovingAverageType double int TSSuperTrend.Utility.SuperTrendMode)' is a 'method' which is not valid in the given context

Comment

Hi

I am new to supertrend indicator.
      If one is day trading with 3min or 5min time frame on ES or TF what is the appropriate parameter to use on TS supertrend. I tried changing the period and smoothing MA from default but could not see the different.
      Also is there any accompanying indicators for use with it?

Comment

Hello
        i am new to supertrend..can someone explain how does one use it..what does one use to exit /profit targets??Also how do i get my hands on the dynamic s/r indicator?

Comment

Originally posted by roonius View Post
          Here is an improved and modified version of SuperTrend.

Price is selectable now (Close, high, median... etc.)

roonius
          Aparently this feature dissappeared on the latest versions of the code.

Comment

Strategy with the latest version?

Is there a simple buy, sell strategy written for the latest version?.

Comment

Hi All,

I am in the process of writing a strategy that trades when DoubleMA and TSSuperTrend agree. I was able to successfully compile and test the DoubleMA part alone but cannot, for the life of me, figure out the TSSuperTrend part. I've read through every post of this thread (twice) and none of the suggestions I've tried have worked. I am attaching a zip file of what I have so far. If anyone can post (or edit my current strategy and turn it around to me) I would be forever grateful. In fact, at this point, I'm ready to name my first born child after the successful coder. I am using the latest version if TSSuperTrend (2.3) with the following parameters: 14, HMA, 1.5, 14, ATR. If possible, please write it in such a way that it only trades upon an initial crossover, i.e.: if TSSuperTrend(parameters).UpTrend[0] && !TSSuperTrend(parameters).UpTrend[1] so that I only get one entry per trend crossover.

Thank you,
              Dave
              Attached Files

Comment

I think if you use:

Code:
                if (TSSuperTrend(params).Trend[0]   
                    && !TSSuperTrend(params).Trend[1])
                this will catch the breakout to the upside for a long and vice-versa for short.

Comment

Hi laparker,

I truly appreciate the effort but there is something different about TSSuperTrend than other indicators and I can't figure out what it is. Your suggestion (and the other combos I've tried) results in the following error message:

'NinjaTrader.Strategy.Strategy.TSSuperTrend(int, TSSuperTrend.Utility.MovingAverageType, double, int, TSSuperTrend.Utility.SuperTrendMode)' is a method, which is not valid in the given context.

Unfortunately, I don't really know what that means or how to fix it.

Any ideas?

Comment

do you have

Code:
                    using TradingStudies.NinjaScript.Utility;
                    included in the Using declarations region at the top of your strategy script?

Comment

Okay, I'll be honest. No I did not....

However, now I get: The type or namespace name 'TradingStudies' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Maybe the newest version has a different utility name?

Comment

There is a file - TradingStudies.NinjaScript.Utility.cs that should be in your indicator directory. This sounds like it is missing. It should have been installed when you downloaded the indicator. You might like to try to re-install TSSuperTrend from the web site.

Comment

Okay, just checked. Yes, I have it, but I think it's called "TSSuperTrend.Utility" (without the 'NinjaScript' part). The actual indicator matches in the code. After adding that to the declarations, I'm now back to the "...is a method" error.

Comment

The version of TSSuperTrend I have is 2.1. It uses TradingStudies.NinjaScript.Utility in the indicator code and by putting the same in a strategy with the TradingStudies.NinjaScript.Utility.cs being in the indicator directory, it works.

Don't know what else to suggest

Comment

Well, I deleted my version (2.3), went back through the thread and found 2.1. After installing and following your instructions verbatim, it COMPILED! Onto testing. Will report back. Get my unborn child's name ready

Comment

Almost there...

It took the first signal in each direction perfectly but it didn't take any following pullbacks and breakouts. (Note that it does not take the initial DoubleMA crossover, which is right). Please see pic for what I'm hoping for.

My condition code is as follows. Am I missing something? When I tried throwing an extra set of parentheses around the TSSuperTrend && !TSSupertrend part, it ended up just entering again at each new bar, which I don't want:

if ((DoubleMA(5, NinjaTrader.Indicator.DoubleMA_internal.DMAType.HM A, 45, NinjaTrader.Indicator.DoubleMA_internal.DMAType.VM A).Signal[0] == 1)
                                && TSSuperTrend(14, TradingStudies.NinjaScript.Utility.MovingAverageTy pe.HMA, 1.5, 14, TradingStudies.NinjaScript.Utility.SuperTrendMode. ATR).Trend[0] && !TSSuperTrend(14, TradingStudies.NinjaScript.Utility.MovingAverageTy pe.SMA, 1.5, 14, TradingStudies.NinjaScript.Utility.SuperTrendMode. ATR).Trend[1])

Thanks,
                                Dave
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by LiamTwine, Today, 08:10 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post LiamTwine  
                                Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM