Show PnL next to Active Trade markers in Chart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gemify

Thanks a lot for this indicator. I was looking for exactly this.
    Actually I first installed v1.0 and noticed all was working fine. I did not realize there was an updated version.
    When I installed the latest version I noticed the same as dj22522 where now the total is not being shown for multiple orders at the same price. This was working in v1.0

For example here: there are 2 stop orders at same price and v1.0 would show this as -300 as this is 2 times -150.
    But in the latest version it seems to be showing only one order.
    In the source code however I believe it is intended to calulate the total number of orders.
    I'm not sure how to debug such indicators, so I was not able to check where it is failing to combine the orders and show as STOP (2) : -30T : -300

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	536
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	1258814

It would be very helpful if this could get corrected.
    Thanks a lot in advance!

Comment

Thanks for the indicator. I tried the version 1.2 on the 6E futures in Market Playback.I restarted NT after installing the indicator. I am not able to see any of the extra fields such as Currency value etc when I submit orders.I am using version 8.0.27.1 .

Comment

Tinv01, please try the new version at https://github.com/OrderFlowTools/Or...eleases/latest

Sorry about the terse reply - trying to get this out before heading to Toronto! Just a little excited!

Comment

Hi gemify,

Thank you so much. It seems to be working fine now!
          For future releases maybe you could get the currency from the trading account? Because now it shows the € sign for me but I'm trading in $.
          Anyway, I highly appreciate the latest update.

All the best in Toronto!

Comment

gemify

Greetings.

I'm up to date with your 1.22 version, many thanks.

I posted an issue with Chart Trader in this thread:

https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/...eption-warning

My first post there reads:

Using 8.1.1.7.

With more than one chart tab open and with Chart Trader open on all tabs.

If on any particular chart tab I then select "Chart Trader Off" from the icon at top of chart then Chart Trader closes on ALL tabs. This happens sometimes, not every time.

The "Chart Trader On" and "Hide" options then become inactive, greyed out.

If I then click on one of the other chart tabs I get this "unhandled exception" warning.
            ​I have to close and re open NT8 platform to get the chart trader back to open on the charts on all tabs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	NT Error.jpg Views:	0 Size:	7.3 KB ID:	1264584

NT support are suggesting it might be due to the Order Line Decorator (in red) and or another indicator FootprintV2:

when reviewing your file I seen the following two errors:
            • 2023-08-10 07:51:23:822 ERROR: Indicator 'FootPrintV2MyVersion': Error on calling 'OnRenderTargetChanged' method: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
            • 2023-08-10 11:29:45:507 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
            • 2023-08-10 11:29:45:507 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
            • 2023-08-10 11:29:45:516 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
            • at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.Gemify.OrderLin eDecorator.ComputeValues()

Please remove the two indicators referenced in the errors from your chart(s) then restart and let me know if you see the same behavior.
            I removed the FootprintV2 but the issue happened again.

So I was wondering if any one else is having the same unhandled exception error when turning Chart Trader​ Off while using the Order Line Decorator.

It's only been happening since upgrading to 8.1.1.7.

Any help or feedback much appreciated.

Many thanks
            Last edited by dj22522; 08-15-2023, 12:26 AM.

Comment

gemify Dude, you are the real MVP here. Thank you so much, i have just created an account here to say thank you so much for this addon. It is exactly what i was looking for, it´s a shame such an expensive trading plataform does not have some basic stuffs, but thank God we have people like you. Thanks again, subscribed to the thread for further updates

Comment

gemify Thank you! Amazing work, as always, love you man. I just tried v1.22 and I'm getting overlapping text when choosing "BOTH" or either in the drop down. Trying different font sizes, I found that the chart properties font had to be 12px or below to avoid overlap with the decorator. Would you consider a horizontal offset parameter of pixels for the decorator? I'm on a 4k resolution and under 12px is too small. Thanks again for everything. See pic attached.
                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                6 responses
                1 like
                Last Post jgualdronc  
                Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes