Show PnL next to Active Trade markers in Chart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello dj22522,

The point of the indicator was to identify the atm that the stop is part of and label it.

I highly welcome you to create your own indicator with the changes you desire and upload this to the User App Share.
    Upload tools and add-ons that you build to share through the NinjaTrader Ecosystem User App Share.

Please let me know if you stuck making any of the changes.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello dj22522,

The point of the indicator was to identify the atm that the stop is part of and label it.

I highly welcome you to create your own indicator with the changes you desire and upload this to the User App Share.
      https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...app-submission

Please let me know if you stuck making any of the changes.
      NinjaTrader_ChelseaB

Thank you for your reply.

I had to delete the previous version of the indicator I had installed otherwise the version you posted wouldn't import.

Once I imported your version I would ordinarily use "Save As" to rename and create a copy to work on, however doing that with the indicator you attached throws up compile errors so I'm unable to even try to add the items I listed.

Renaming it to "AtmStrategyIdentifierMyVersion1" creates error: "The best overload match" etc.. and "Cannot convert from" etc...
      Code:
      propertyDescriptorCollection.Add(new AtmStrategyIdentifierMyVersion1Tools.ReadOnlyDescriptor(indicator, toggleValue1));
      I tried adding the code that Adnoker kindly posted to my original version however I got errors compiling that. I think I didn't have "ticksize" and "pointvalue" properly configured which I now see how to do from your version.

However now I don't have the initial version I tried to add Adnokers code to (having needing to delete it) so I'm at a bit of a loss how to proceed.

Many thanks
      Last edited by dj22522; 02-10-2023, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Hello dj22522,

The custom namespace at the bottom AtmStrategyIdentifierTools needs to be renamed to YourIndicatorNameTools, and any references to it updated.
        (That is most likely the issue)

Below is a link to a video demonstrating.

A similar issue occurs when making a copy of the CandleStickPattern, SampleUniversalMovingAverage, etc.

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChelseaB

Thanks for your reply and efforts.

Unfortunately I get the same compile error even though all instances of the name have been changed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	NT8 Error on Compile.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.9 KB ID:	1234879

I'm assuming I keep the word "Tools" at the end of each instance of "AtmStrategyIdentifierMyVersion1Tools" because when I tried deleting "Tools" and only having "AtmStrategyIdentifierMyVersion1" I got many more compile errors.

PS: I deleted your version and re-imported the original and tried to add Adnoker code but I still get compile errors to do with "ticksize" and "pointvalue" and a few others.

None the less thanks to you both.

If Adnoker is able to attach a zip of what they have, that would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
          Last edited by dj22522; 02-10-2023, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Hello dj22522,

What is the code on line 494?

It appears something is still referencing AtmStrategyIdentifier.

I see you chose to keep the original name and add on to this instead of using a completely different name. Thats fine to do, but can make find and replace tricky.

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_ChelseaB

The code at line (now) 516 (was at line 494) is:-

Code:
               propertyDescriptorCollection.Add(new AtmStrategyIdentifierMyVersion1Tools.ReadOnlyDescriptor(indicator, toggleValue1));
              Click image for larger version  Name:	NT8 Error on Compile -2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.5 KB ID:	1234893

Yes I simply added "My Version 1" to the original name.

PS: Unrelated to what were discussing, when using your version of the indicator and when the stop loss is hit, the text for the profit targets remain on the chart and needs chart refresh to remove them or they're removed on the next trade when an ATM is applied. The same if the profit target/s are hit then the text for stop loss remains on the chart.

Click image for larger version  Name:	NT_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.6 KB ID:	1234891

Many thanks
              Last edited by dj22522; 02-10-2023, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Hello dj22522,

So appears to be an issue with the ReadOnlyDescriptor.

May I see where AtmStrategyIdentifierMyVersion1Tools.ReadOnlyDescr iptor is defined? This is near the bottom in the region 'Hide/Show AutoScalePadding tools'.

I want to see its in the correct namespace and in the GetValue() / SetValue() overrides and ComponentType getter does not reference the original script.

Also, this typeconverter is just extra. It's all there to make the AutoScalePadding input disabled when AutoScale is unchecked. It's a lot of code for a behavior that isn't vital to the functionality of the script. You could condsider removing the typeconverter if you wanted.

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChelseaB

Here is the code from "region Hide/Show AutoScalePadding tools" down to "endregion" just before "BrushWrapping"

Code:
                  }

#region Hide/Show AutoScalePadding tools
                      // This is a custom PropertyDescriptor class which will handle setting our desired properties to read only
                      public class ReadOnlyDescriptor : PropertyDescriptor
                      {
                          // Need the instance on the property grid to check the show/hide toggle value
                          private NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.AtmStrategyIdentifierMyVersion1 indicatorInstance;

private PropertyDescriptor property;

// The base instance constructor helps store the default Name and Attributes (Such as DisplayAttribute.Name, .GroupName, .Order)
                          // Otherwise those details would be lost when we converted the PropertyDescriptor to the new custom ReadOnlyDescriptor
                          public ReadOnlyDescriptor(NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.AtmStrategyIdentifierMyVersion1 indicator, PropertyDescriptor propertyDescriptor) : base(propertyDescriptor.Name, propertyDescriptor.Attributes.OfType<Attribute>().ToArray())
                          {
                              indicatorInstance    = indicator;
                              property            = propertyDescriptor;
                          }

// Stores the current value of the property on the indicator
                          public override object GetValue(object component)
                          {
                              NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.AtmStrategyIdentifierMyVersion1 targetInstance = component as NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.AtmStrategyIdentifierMyVersion1;

if (targetInstance == null)
                                  return null;

switch (property.Name)
                              {
                                  case "AutoScalePadding":
                                      return targetInstance.AutoScalePadding;
                              }
                              return null;
                          }

// Updates the current value of the property on the indicator
                          public override void SetValue(object component, object value)
                          {
                              NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.AtmStrategyIdentifierMyVersion1 targetInstance = component as NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.AtmStrategyIdentifierMyVersion1;

if (targetInstance == null)
                                  return;

switch (property.Name)
                              {
                                  case "AutoScalePadding":
                                      targetInstance.AutoScalePadding = (int) value;
                                      break;
                              }
                          }

// set the PropertyDescriptor to "read only" based on the indicator instance input
                          public override bool IsReadOnly
                          { get { return !indicatorInstance.IncludeAutoScale; } }

// IsReadOnly is the relevant interface member we need to use to obtain our desired custom behavior
                          // but applying a custom property descriptor requires having to handle a bunch of other operations as well.
                          // I.e., the below methods and properties are required to be implemented, otherwise it won't compile.
                          public override bool CanResetValue(object component)
                          { return true; }

public override Type ComponentType
                          { get { return typeof(NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.AtmStrategyIdentifierMyVersion1); } }

public override Type PropertyType
                          { get { return typeof(int); } }

public override void ResetValue(object component)
                          { }

public override bool ShouldSerializeValue(object component)
                          { return true; }
                      }
                      #endregion​

When removing the above section of code I get the following "ReadOnly/Descriptor" compile error:

Click image for larger version  Name:	NT8 Error on Compile -3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.8 KB ID:	1234918

and the code at line 516:

Code:
                       propertyDescriptorCollection.Add(new AtmStrategyIdentifierMyVersion1MyVersion1Tools.ReadOnlyDescriptor(indicator, toggleValue1));
                  Last edited by dj22522; 02-10-2023, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Hello dj22522,

Looks correct.

May I have the .cs file to test on my end?
                    (Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicator\AtmStrategyIdentifierMyVers ion1.cs)

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChelseaB

Attached the cs file.

Many thanks
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello dj22522,

I am seeing the error:
                        "AtmStrategyIdentifierMyVersion1.cs The type or namespace name 'AtmStrategyIdentifierMyVersion1' does not exist in the namespace 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators' (are you missing an assembly reference?) CS0234 534 52"

This error means there is no indicator with the name AtmStrategyIdentifierMyVersion1.

Your indicator class has the name AtmStrategyIdentifierMyVersion1MyVersion1. These are not the same.

Comment

Hello dj22522,

The error message pasted above has this on line 534.

Are you not able to see this error on your end? The error message has the line number.

To help you understand the error, you are trying to reference an indicator named AtmStrategyIdentifierMyVersion1.

private NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.AtmStrategyIdentifierMyVersion1 indicatorInstance;

There is no indicator with this name. Your indicator class has a different name. Use the name of your indicator class.

On line 26, you have named the indicator
                          public class AtmStrategyIdentifierMyVersion1MyVersion1 : Indicator

Comment

Hello dj22522,

In the script you provided me in post # 25, please copy and paste line 26 where your indicator class is named.

Comment

OK thank you.

Line 26 did have incorrect name "MyVersion1MyVersion1" but I don't know how it got there. Perhaps it occurred when I used the "Find" facility you kindly posted a video for.

My apologies and sincere thanks for your time and patience.

Although after all of this I'm not sure I have the skill to create the additions I first mentioned in post 15.

Again my thanks

PS; I deleted some posts as they weren't needed now and to not clutter the thread. Hope that's OK.
                              Last edited by dj22522; 02-10-2023, 12:07 PM.

Comment

NinjaTrader_ChelseaB

The text for the Stop Loss and/or Profit targets aren't removed when the trades are filled.
                                To remove the text from last trade I have to hit F5 or when ATM is applied again (new trade)

Ps: If I exit the trade via the Close button on Chart Trader then the text does remove itself.

Click image for larger version Name:	NT_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.6 KB ID:	1234891

Many thanks[/QUOTE]
                                Last edited by dj22522; 02-14-2023, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by gravdigaz6, Today, 11:40 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post gravdigaz6  
                                Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred