Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job. Thanks so much!!!!

Comment

jhirsh​, thank you for the indicator! Is it possible to anchor it at the NY Midnight? I'm looking to code a strategy which would require this setting.

Thank you,

Brockjava

Comment

Thanks for the update!!! It's got everything I need or want in a vwap indicator except one thing..... I trade intraday so I use vwap as an intraday indicator. Love having the ability to designate a data and time for the anchor.

Would it be possible to add the option of an a daily anchor at the same time. I.e. I want to anchor vwap at 9:30AM every day. For the moment, however, I can do that manually as part of my morning start-up ritual. Thanks again!! Really nice to have vwap available with standard deviations included.

Geeez! I'm really lazy if I can't go in and change the date each AM.
        Last edited by abevlll; 09-24-2023, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by abevlll View Post
          Thanks for the update!!! It's got everything I need or want in a vwap indicator except one thing..... I trade intraday so I use vwap as an intraday indicator. Love having the ability to designate a data and time for the anchor.

Would it be possible to add the option of an a daily anchor at the same time. I.e. I want to anchor vwap at 9:30AM every day. For the moment, however, I can do that manually as part of my morning start-up ritual. Thanks again!! Really nice to have vwap available with standard deviations included.

Geeez! I'm really lazy if I can't go in and change the date each AM.
          You took the words out of my mouth! haha

Comment

Hey VWAP author jhirsh,

I downloaded your VWAPx indicator. Unfortunately, it froze up with Renko bars. I looked at the code and noticed you were getting each bar's volume by referencing the Ninjatrader VOL indicator. I changed all references to VOL()[0] to Bars.GetVolume(0), and that fixed the lockup problem. However, the VWAP line is slightly different with this approach. I tried Calculate = Calculate.OnEachTick, but it didn't make any difference.

I then tried adding the one line in VOL that is significant to your indicator, which is:

Value[0] = Instrument.MasterInstrument.InstrumentType == InstrumentType.CryptoCurrency ? Core.Globals.ToCryptocurrencyVolume((long)Volume[0]) : Volume[0];

and just calculated it in OnBarUpdate() in VWAP,cs, and stored it in a Series. That worked, except again it locked up with Renko bars. Something weird with Volume on Renko bars.

Anyway, my version works well enough. Thanks.

Comment

Hi jhirsh, how to use this VWAP in strategy, like adding to Chart, how to get Std 2 value. Your help appreciated. Thanks for creating this indicator.

Comment

jhirsh

Would you consider converting this open source Anchored VWAP indicator into a drawing tool?

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...s-indicator-2/

Thank you for your VWAP indicator.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by mishhh, 05-25-2010, 08:54 AM
                19 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post rene69851  
                Started by gwenael, Today, 09:29 AM
                0 responses