Reload NinjaScript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reload NinjaScript

I have an indicator that plots differently based on if the chart is populated using tick-replay or if it does not. I understand that this is because the indicator requires calculate "On each tick." I also did a test with a live chart running with a session's worth of real-time tick data and doing a Reload NinjaScript." I noticed the indicator plots are identical to opening a new chart without tick-replay enabled. When I compared the indicator plots (live market vs. Reload NinjaScript,) I realized that I want the results of the indicator plots after performing a "Reload NinjaScript."
    In summary, I don't want the live market indicator plots. I want the indicator plots as if I just populated a new chart (without tick-replay) or if a "Reload NinjaScript" was performed on a live chart. Is it possible to code a separate indicator or code into the actual indicator so that it could send F5 "Reload NinjaScript" at the close of every new bar to produce the different plots? If so, it's possible to send the F5 at the close of every new bar without a delay or a pause on the chart which happens when an F5 is performed which updates the entire NinjaScript history.
    Last edited by Tavor; 01-05-2022, 04:21 PM.

Hello Tavor,

Thanks for your post.

You could modify a custom NinjaScript indicator to send the F5 key to the operating system using the C# method SendKeys(). Note that this would go beyond the support we could provide as it is not documented or supported.

See this forum thread which you may find helpful: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...inja-script-f5

Also note, Indicators that run OnEachTick without Tick Replay enabled will populate historically as OnBarClose. To simulate the OnEachTick behavior in historical mode you need Tick Replay enabled.

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
    14 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aligator  
    Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
    6 responses