Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Risk Reward drawing tool or indicator ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Risk Reward drawing tool or indicator ...

Hello

I understand that the risk reward drawing tool plots a level based on the chosen entry level and stop loss level given a fixed risk/reward ratio (which is an input for the tool), i would like to get instead , plotted on the chart series , the risk/reward ratio after choosing the entry , stop loss AND profit target levels ... something like in the picture attached , does it exist something like that? Or can it be programmable?

Ps . Reverse , as in the image attached , for a short......

Hello max1ci6,

Thank you for your post.

You could certainly calculate and plot this from within a strategy . I'm including a simple example script that plots lines showing the entry, target and stop prices (you may have to scroll the chart a bit ahead to see them, as they'll likely get covered by the order flags if you have Chart Trader open) and calculates the ratio based on the stop, entry and target prices and plots that to the lower left corner of the screen. You can play around with the stop and target ticks to see how the ratio changes.

This particular example only shows long orders, but the logic would be very similar for shorts, you'd just have to change the logic of calculating the ratio to add the stop ticks to the average entry and subtract the target ticks from the average entry.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Attached Files
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you i will look at it

Comment

Hello

could you attach an image of the strategy applied? I see nothing when i load it ...

Comment

Hello max1ci6,

Thank you for your reply.

Two things: I accidentally failed to change the default processing to OnEachTick, so you'll want to set it to that at run time.

Also, the lines will probably get covered by the flags for the orders, so scroll the chart ahead a bit to see them:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-12-16_08-52-42.png
Views:	550
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	1181904

Comment

Ah ok Kate , but this is not what i need , probably i didn't explain myself correctly ... ideally i want to click in 3 different places on the chart (without entering the real orders) and get the risk reward ratio if the first click would be the entry , the second the stop loss and the third the profit target .
            The risk reward drawing tool is perfect but it doesn't allow to click a third time for the profit target and returning the calculated risk reward ratio but it plots automatically the profit level based on the fixed risk reward ratio chosen within the inputs of the tool.
            Last edited by max1ci6; 12-16-2021, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Hello max1ci6,

Thank you for your clarification.

For that you would need to monitor for mouse click events and when they occur, get the Y value for each of 3 clicks, the first the entry, the second the stop, and the third the target, save those Y values to variables and calculate the risk reward ratio based on those values.

Here's an example my colleague Chelsea created that demonstrates getting chart X and Y values from mouse clicks:

That should give you a jumping off point for creating your own logic to accomplish this as you wish.

Comment

Thank you Kate , unfortunately i am not a coder

Comment

Hello max1ci6,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, in the support department at NinjaTrader it is against our policy to create, debug, or modify, code or logic for our clients. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients as well as our associates.

The samples we provide are intended to give you further direction to move forward, and are not intended to be used for copy and paste purposes.

If you are interested in services in having the code written for you, I can have a representative of our EcoSystem reach out with more information on NinjaScript consultants who will be happy to do so.

Comment

Yes please .

Comment

Hello max1ci6,

Thank you for your post.

You can search our list of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:
                      You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                      Thomas C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you , anyway it's difficult to choose from dozens of consultants ... i guess you can't advice anybody even for a such simple job as modifing an existing drawing tool ....

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                        14 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post aligator  
                        Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                        6 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post emuns