Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QQE indicator

Hello,

Anyone have the qqe indicator with alarm for ninja to share ?

Thank you for considering.

B

I don't think it exists yet.

I had never heard of it myself but I have a friend that swears by it.

I've attached the MQL code in case someone wants to take a crack at it...

It actually doesn't look too complicated.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Elliott Wave; 11-01-2008, 03:00 PM.

Comment

It will be nice to have this sys tramsfered in ninja.

Share ideas, debate tactics, and swap war stories with forex traders from around the world.

Cheers

B

Comment

I've tried to convert it but ran into a snag.

The indicator compiles without any errors but doesn't plot anything. I have a feeling its something pretty simple.

I've attached the code hoping someone could take a look and let me know where I've screwed up. It would probably be easiest to compare with the MQL code...
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post
          I've tried to convert it but ran into a snag.

The indicator compiles without any errors but doesn't plot anything. I have a feeling its something pretty simple.

I've attached the code hoping someone could take a look and let me know where I've screwed up. It would probably be easiest to compare with the MQL code...

Try this one
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much. The code is quite simple and 'clean' looking compared to the mess I was working with.
            I'll see if I can add alerts to this and make sure it plots the same as the MetaTrader version before submitting it to the filesharing section.

I REALLY wish there was some type of MQL to NinjaScript tutorial. MQL is a C++ variant and is quite close to C#.

For the most part code can be copied with minimal changes, its mostly the MQL specific stuff that complicates things in my opinion.

I was thinking of making a very basic tutorial myself, but it would probably help if I could actually convert an indicator first!

Comment

Here is an updated version with improved appearance.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is an updated version with improved appearance.
                Hi,
                the same thread on FF mentioned earlier in this thread lead me here. http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=121739

This version of QQE looks very nice! Thank you for that.

Is it possible with NT to have an MTF version of the indicator?
                Like the system in the above link uses 1min charts with the indicator using a longer timeframe.

Thanks again!

Dan

Comment

Thank you very much for your contributions and hours spend.

B

Comment

As far as I know, multi timeframe indicators are not yet supported but 'are on the list' for NT7.

One possibility is to just multiply the QQE period by 5 on the one minute chart which should be similar.

Originally posted by Dan S View Post
                    Hi,
                    the same thread on FF mentioned earlier in this thread lead me here. http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=121739

This version of QQE looks very nice! Thank you for that.

Is it possible with NT to have an MTF version of the indicator?
                    Like the system in the above link uses 1min charts with the indicator using a longer timeframe.

Thanks again!

Dan

Comment

Is it possible to have an audio alert for this indi please ?

Thank you

B

Comment

What about using the alerts window? Or making a basic strategy. It would take about 30 seconds using the condition builder.

If plot1 crossabove plot2
                        Alert/PlaySound

The reason I didn't put in alerts is because I thought it was redundant when there are already multiple ways to trigger an alert within NT (although without CrossAbove/CrossBelow conditions in the alert window its close to useless, but thats another matter.)

Comment

HI there I have reviewing the strategy on the FF thread and they talk about operating on a setting of 5min on a 1 min chart what does that mean?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Bogan7 View Post
                            HI there I have reviewing the strategy on the FF thread and they talk about operating on a setting of 5min on a 1 min chart what does that mean?

Regards
                            AKAIK, due to a problem with the MT4 indicator it was required to switch to a higher time frame and then switch back for the indicator to display properly.

Comment

AKAIK, due to a problem with the MT4 indicator it was required to switch to a higher time frame and then switch back for the indicator to display properly.
                              Hi EW, on the FF forum, they were using setting of 60/5 or 30/15. On the NT version, does the mean the RSI_Period is 60 or 30 and the SF is 5 of 15? Seems abit weird for such a large number for the RSI_Period.

I am still confused on the 5min timeframe for indicator to be used on 1min timeframe of the currency pair. Since five 1min bar have to close for the indicator to move, how is that different from trading on the 5min timeframe of the currency pair.

The weird thing is on the his chart, he is showing 1min timeframe of the currency pair but the indicator seem to be following the 1min timeframe as well, so why are they saying to set the indicator on the 5min timeframe when you can just set it in the 1min timeframe?

Else how do you use the 5min timeframe indicator to trade the 1min timeframe currency pair since the number of bars would be different?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by mintos, 04-02-2024, 08:22 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post mintos
                              by mintos

Started by Felix Reichert, 04-26-2024, 02:12 PM
                              10 responses
                              0 likes