New mahToolBar Version 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aligator

Hello. I'm hoping for your assistance again.

Using your mahToolBar 6 the "Arrow Up" isn't being deleted via the Bin/Trash icon.
    It doesn't bring up the confirmation to delete window.

This is also the case via NT pen icon then "Remove All Drawing Objects". It doesn't remove "Arrow Up" either.

Both your indicator and via NT pen icon do remove all other "Chart Markers"

"Arrow Up" is assigned "Alt+F2" .

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hotkey for Up Arrow.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.4 KB ID:	1267473

Any thoughts what the issue might be.

Many thanks
    Last edited by dj22522; 09-04-2023, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dj22522 View Post
      aligator

Hello. I'm hoping for your assistance again.

Using your mahToolBar 6 the "Arrow Up" isn't being deleted via the Bin/Trash icon.
      It doesn't bring up the confirmation to delete window.

This is also the case via NT pen icon then "Remove All Drawing Objects". It doesn't remove "Arrow Up" either.

Both your indicator and via NT pen icon do remove all other "Chart Markers"

"Arrow Up" is assigned "Alt+F2" .

Any thoughts what the issue might be.

Many thanks
      All the chart markers (ArrowUp, etc.) in toolbar6 work fine for me. There is a possibility if you are using a corrupted chart template or you are using a chart with multi charts tabs these issues start showing up.

Start a single new chart, add the mahToolBar 6, check a few of the Chart Markers boxes to show in the toolbar, draw arrowUP, Dn, etc. then remove by using the bin to delete them all. That should work.

This is not a toolbar indicator issue, it is a bug in NT that templates get corrupted (specially multi tab charts) and need to be rebuilt or cleaned and saved once a while.

Try that and let me know if this was the case.

Cheers!
      Last edited by aligator; 09-04-2023, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post

All the chart markers (ArrowUp, etc.) in toolbar6 work fine for me. There is a possibility if you are using a corrupted chart template or you are using a chart with multi charts tabs these issues start showing up.

Start a single new chart, add the mahToolBar 6, check a few of the Chart Markers boxes to show in the toolbar, draw arrowUP, Dn, etc. then remove by using the bin to delete them all. That should work.

This is not a toolbar indicator issue, it is a bug in NT that templates get corrupted (specially multi tab charts) and need to be rebuilt or cleaned and saved once a while.

Try that and let me know if this was the case.

Cheers!
        aligator

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I've done as you kindly suggested but the issue remains. It wont delete the Arrow Up.

I created a new chart from scratch with no indicators and then only added the mahToolBar 6 but the same issue for both the indicator and NT Remove All Drawing Objects. Neither delete the Arrow Up.

I created a new workspace and then a new chart but the same issue.

Appreciate your help and that it's not an issue with your indicator but I don't know how to move forward from here.

Many thanks
        Last edited by dj22522; 09-05-2023, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dj22522 View Post

aligator

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I've done as you kindly suggested but the issue remains. It wont delete the Arrow Up.

I created a new chart from scratch with no indicators and then only added the mahToolBar 6 but the same issue for both the indicator and NT Remove All Drawing Objects. Neither delete the Arrow Up.

I created a new workspace and then a new chart but the same issue.

Appreciate your help and that it's not an issue with your indicator but I don't know how to move forward from here.

Many thanks
          The indicator works fine for me and seems to work for everyone. Not sure what the issue is. After over 6000 downloads you are the only one with the issue. It is true that template files get corrupted. But also remapping of the hot keys or any related editorial changes to the code may cause your issue. Have you made any chages to indicator code? When this issue was noticed first? You may have made unintentional changes to the code. Delete the indicator, download a new copy and reinstall see if works. Can you check to see if Alt - F2 is used somewhere else under your hot keys, do you have third party add-ons installed that might use the same hot key?

If not, maybe import and install a NT backup from the time before this issue started and see if helps. As a final check, the NT Support is more qualified with better tools to provide help since this is not really a mahToolBar 6 issue.

Cheers!
          Last edited by aligator; 09-05-2023, 09:07 AM.

Comment

aligator

After over 6000 downloads you are the only one with the issue.
            I thought being unique was a good thing lol

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for your help and the possible causes.

I've not yet found the cause of the issue but I'll keep looking.

Again my thanks

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
              A new Version6 of mahToolBar indicator has been posted in User Apps downloads.

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...-mahtoolbar-2/

This version added several new icons for NT8 default Drawing Tools plus additional chart management tools. The indicator installs drawing tools icons in the NinjaTrader 8 Main Toolbar to save chart space and for a one-click function.

Also included in the zip file is the highly sought after Horizontal Ray (with price labels) Add-On which will install automatically with the default NT8 installation process.

Please create the following Hot Keys needed for the icons to function, if not already exist.

StayInDrawMode = Ctrl+Home
              SaveChartImage = Alt+S
              LoadTemplates = Alt+T
              HorizontalRay = Ctrl+End // Need to have the HorizontalRay Add-On Installed.
              RefreshChart = F5

Enjoy!
              Hi,

I am interested in https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...-mahtoolbar-2/

I would like to know if this product enables me to modify a drawing object across selected time frames without affecting all.

Specifically, I use 8 time frames in NT8: D1, H4, H1, M20, M15, M5, M3, and M1.
              I aim to adjust the drawing object on only 5 of these time frames, without having to individually change the drawing object for each time frame, which can be time-consuming.

Sincerely,
              Simon

Comment

Originally posted by power scalper View Post

Hi,

I am interested in https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...-mahtoolbar-2/

I would like to know if this product enables me to modify a drawing object across selected time frames without affecting all.

Specifically, I use 8 time frames in NT8: D1, H4, H1, M20, M15, M5, M3, and M1.
                I aim to adjust the drawing object on only 5 of these time frames, without having to individually change the drawing object for each time frame, which can be time-consuming.

Sincerely,
                Simon
                This ToolBar indicator uses whatever the NT default or custom Drawing Tools are. For example if you draw a square on a chart, no matter what the time frame for that chart is the properties of the square will be the same.

The only way is to simply edit the properties of a Drawing Tool under the list of its properties to whatever you like (i.e. size, color, thickness, etc.) then "save as" that configuration with a name of your choice. Do this 5 times and save each template with its own name. Now each time you drop this Drawing Tool on a chart, click on the drawn tool, click on the properties, and select the template of your choice for that time frame and it will be converted to your custom tool.

No other way, since NT will only draw whatever has been saved as the "default" configration.

Have you actually downloaded, installed, and experiment with this tollbar? Try that.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello aligator

I just discovered your indicator , thank you I find it very useful for what I do , I know that to load a template for a drawing tool the only way is to access the Drawing objects property window and the click "template","load" , is there a way to do that with your indicator ?

Comment

Originally posted by max1ci6 View Post
                    Hello aligator

I just discovered your indicator , thank you I find it very useful for what I do , I know that to load a template for a drawing tool the only way is to access the Drawing objects property window and the click "template","load" , is there a way to do that with your indicator ?
                    Not really, this is an Indicator Class code and does can not directly modify a Drawing Tool Class add-on. It simply calls a drawing tool from the drawing tools class and asign it to an Icon and place the icon within the main toolbar for a klick operation.

Of course, If you are proficient with C# coding, anything is possible to program. The limitation is time and resources.

Cheers!

Comment

Ok, thanks for answering

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Bidder
                      by Bidder