what is the startbehaviour to adopt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is the startbehaviour to adopt

when I start my strategy, I am assuming that there is nothing that the strategy needs to do that is pending from the previous run. what behaviour should I choose? currently its set to following. when I started nt and connected to this this evening, it automatically sent in a order before I started the strategy.
    StartBehavior = StartBehavior.WaitUntilFlat;

Hello junkone,

Thanks for your post.

Please review the NT8 helpguide on syncing here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._positions.htm
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

personally, I could not understand the documentation as I had already read them. I don't want my strategy to have any memory on old orders. what option should I select or you don't have any option.

Comment

Hello junkone,

Thanks for your post.

From the NT8 helpguide:

"Wait until flat
        These are the default settings for your strategies and are the least disruptive in terms of handling your current Account Position. It assumes your Account Position is in a flat state.

When your strategy starts it will check for any active orders previously generated by the strategy on your account and cancel those first. Should the strategy be unable to cancel and receive confirmation on the cancellation of these orders within 40 seconds the strategy will not start and an alert will be issued.

• If the Strategy Position is flat, then the Account Position and Strategy Position are assumed to be in sync with each other. The next order placed by your strategy would be placed as a live order to your account.
        • If the Strategy Position is not flat, the strategy will place all trades in a "virtual" sense until the Strategy Position reaches or crosses a flat state. Once a flat state is achieved the Strategy Position will be assumed to be in sync with the Account Position and all future orders will be placed live.

Critical: Should your Account Position not be flat at the point in time the Strategy Position reaches a flat state your Account Position and Strategy Position will NOT be in sync."

Ref: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._positions.htm
        and
        http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._account_p.htm

Comment

ok, lets clarify this with a use case
          I have a strategy that I stopped and had a a/c position of 100long for eurusd.
          if I close the position directly and then restart the strategy, would the strategy assume to be marketposition.flat or marketposition.long?
          I am using unmanaged order entries

Comment

Hello junkone,

Thanks for your post.

In the use case I will assume that when you closed the position that your account was then flat, no other orders were active and that you have strategy start behavior of "WaitUntilFlat".

The strategy when then enabled would start from the very beginning of your data and recalculate all historical orders up until live data. At the point of live data if you have a (historical) strategy position of long or short, the strategy will wait until its (strategies) position is flat before placing live orders.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
            6 responses
            1 like
            Last Post jgualdronc  
            Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes