Draw.TextFixed Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw.TextFixed Question

Is it expected behavior that Draw.TextFixed will not be displayed until State == Transition?

Hello CriticalTrader,

Thank you for writing in.

Draw objects should start showing at State == Historical when the script begins to process historical data.

I have created a sample indicator script that demonstrates this.
    Attached Files
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I understand that the object may exist in state Historical (even before as my tests show), but the text doesn't render until state Transition. If I use your DrawTest example and set TickReplay (to slow things down a bit), it becomes more obvious.

Comment

Hello CriticalTrader,

Thank you for bringing that up.

I will be looking into this further.

Comment

FYI..I've made some mods to DrawTest to see if I text gets rendered before State.Transition within OnMarketData and OnRender. No joy.

Comment

Hello CriticalTrader,

Thank you for your patience.

There is actually a separate render loop that loops over all active indicators and all active drawing tools, separate from OnBarUpdate(), that simply renders the data that we want rendered.

I'm looking further into when (or what) causes the render loop to be executed.

Comment

Further Drawing Issues

Do you have any additional information on drawing changes from release 09 to 10 (NT 8 Beta). Indicator code that works fine in release 09 (lines in the future - e.g., from 08:00 to 16:00, when drawn at say 07:30, and drawn when State == State.DataLoaded) no longer appear at all (the chart is a 2-minute bar chart). Messing around with the interval on the chart (changing to day then back to 2 minute) will cause some of the line to appear but not all.
              Very aggravating. What changed in drawing in release 10?
              Jack

Comment

Hello TurtleBeach,

Thank you for writing in.

It looks like there was an issue with Draw objects not being drawn initially when using an overload accepting a DateTime parameter.

This has been corrected for the next release.

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Has there been any update on this issue? I notice the same problem remains with the Beta 11 release as well.

Comment

Hello CriticalTrader,

The Draw.TextFixed() object (or any other drawing object) will not actually be drawn until you are out of State.Historical (though the object does technically exist historically, as seen with our previous test script).

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Once again I would like clear documentation of the order of events, and clarification of your (Zachary_Z) statement that objects will not actually be drawn until you are out of State Historical. What does that mean? Do the objects have to be created after State Historical?

Drawing code in State == DataLoaded that worked in release 9 stopped working in release 10 and still does not work in release 11. I am using 2-minute time stamps to draw in the future.

An earlier reply to this thread suggested there was in fact a problem with the time stamp overload of draw in release 10, and that it would be fixed in this release (the next release, back then). Either it was not fixed, or something else has gone south.

So, if something is drawn, using time stamps to position on the chart (on Indicator panel), during OnStateChange when State == DataLoaded, should it appear? If not, where should it be drawn? I am simply putting two lines on the panel once (though the user can decide to remove one by reconfiguring). This worked as expected, based on NT documentation, in release 9 (and still works on the release 9 installation I have), but it does not work in 10 or 11 - though nothing in the documentation has changed.

Put simply I do not want to try to make a workaround now if there is a bug in NT, but if nothing is going to change then I will.
                      Please advise.
                      Jack

Comment

Hello Jack,

Objects do not need to be created after State.Historical; they will exist, but will not actually be rendered until after State.Historical.

Can you please provide a sample script that I may test on my end that demonstrates the behavior you are seeing so I may investigate further?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                        14 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post aligator  
                        Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                        6 responses
                        0 likes