Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 - EnterLong() - reversal creates two executions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 - EnterLong() - reversal creates two executions?

I am using

EnterLong() to reverse existing -1 position and want to go 1 long

on the chart ninja draws two texts': Close Position and Buy

I am not sure what happens, looks like 2 separate orders have been executed?
    I would like ninja to execute a proper reversal: Buy 2 lots
    instead of executing two separate orders: close current position and and buy 1

how that can be done
    do I have manage those orders myself and explicitly send Buy 2 lots order?

I would expect Ninja to issue such an order when I am using EnterLog() to reverse the trade

Isn't it the same result?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
      Isn't it the same result?!!!
      From point of view of commissions charged by your broker: I think the answer is "not necessarily".

Comment

Still ~$4 round trip, no?

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
          Still ~$4 round trip, no?
          No Sledge it makes significant difference.
          For example with drawing of executions on the chart; I have 2 messages taking double the real estate;
          It makes Enter Long quite useless to me, as I have to drop Ninja order management and make enter reversals myself;
          it is a difference between submitting 2 orders to brokers, and have them processed separately instead of one order; I may not understand ninja internals, but if you issue order to close position, ninja order management most likely waits for order to be filled, ensures that position is flat and only then issues new order to buy; when I processing in real time and seconds make a difference to me that's is just useless; I am interested in Ninja because it uses C# not some sort of interpreter and I expect executions to be fast;
          So far I see only problems;

Tech support response is terrible - I submitted over 6 questions in last 2 days;
          I only got one response from Ninja support - dogging the question

Comment

You're going to have to look at doing Unmanaged approach for this then. The Managed approached is nice but it is a convenience layer so a lot of this kind of logic is handled under the hood.

I didn't find the exact documentation of is this result in the NT8 Help Guide, mostly likely still being worked on, however this is the same expectation that was in NT7 and that same logic is applied here in this case.

Also, for your support response, NT8 Beta is secondary to NT7 requests. It may take some time for them to get to your ticket but thankfully you have the community to help you in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by astef View Post
              No Sledge it makes significant difference.
              For example with drawing of executions on the chart; I have 2 messages taking double the real estate;
              It makes Enter Long quite useless to me, as I have to drop Ninja order management and make enter reversals myself;
              it is a difference between submitting 2 orders to brokers, and have them processed separately instead of one order; I may not understand ninja internals, but if you issue order to close position, ninja order management most likely waits for order to be filled, ensures that position is flat and only then issues new order to buy; when I processing in real time and seconds make a difference to me that's is just useless; I am interested in Ninja because it uses C# not some sort of interpreter and I expect executions to be fast;
              So far I see only problems;

Tech support response is terrible - I submitted over 6 questions in last 2 days;
              I only got one response from Ninja support - dogging the question
              You will have to switch to the Unmanaged Order system if you want to do things in the more logical manner that you have described.

Just remember to code handle all possible snafus that may arise if you are using the unmanaged approach. There are quite a few nasties when electronic trading, and with the unmanaged approach, you have none of the safety net that NT provides with the managed approach.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
              8 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
              4 responses
              1 like
              Last Post jgualdronc