Transparent Plot in Data Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transparent Plot in Data Box

I know one of the new features advertised for NT8 is to allow plots to be invisible/transparent on the chart but still show in the mini data box. What settings will allow this? If I set a plot to the transparent brush then it doesn't show up in the data box. Thank you.

The indicator I am working with is attached. My only goal is to have the plots (bar number and range) in the data box for reference. It works fine by listing the range and bar number but I want the plots to be invisible on the chart.

One additional question. How can I get the bar number on the ES to not have 2 decimal places behind it? Thanks.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this. We are currently looking into this issue, under Tracking ID # NTEIGHT-8916.

For your question about the bar numbers, are you referring to the Bar Indexes in the Data Box? I'm not seeing any decimal places on my end, so I may be misunderstanding you.
      Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post

For your question about the bar numbers, are you referring to the Bar Indexes in the Data Box? I'm not seeing any decimal places on my end, so I may be misunderstanding you.
        I am referring to the Bar Numbers Plot in the indicator I attached in my post. The bar numbers should not have decimal places but they have two in the data box. I attached a picture for reference. Thank you for your help.
        Attached Files

Comment

Gotcha. I'd say that using Math.Round with "int value8 = Bars.BarsSinceNewTradingDay + 1;" would do the trick for you. That should assign a whole number to value8, which would then be passed into the plot value.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
            Gotcha. I'd say that using Math.Round with "int value8 = Bars.BarsSinceNewTradingDay + 1;" would do the trick for you. That should assign a whole number to value8, which would then be passed into the plot value.
            I've tried this but I am still getting 2 decimal places.

Code:
            {
            			double value8 = Bars.BarsSinceNewTradingDay + 1;//plus 1 required because count start at zero
            				double value9 = Math.Round(value8, 0);

BarNumber[0]= value9;
            			}

Am I using it incorrectly? Thanks again for your help.

Comment

You are correct, but after testing further, I've discovered that the rounding in the display of the Data Box itself is hard coded, so rounding the plot value in code will not have an effect on the format in the Data Box. If you would like, I'll be happy to log a suggestion to transfer any rounding done on plot values into the Data Box, so we can begin to track demand for making the change.

Comment

Yes, please put in a request. I was able to do this in NT7 so if it can be the same in NT8 that would be great. Thank you again for your help.

Comment

You got it. SFT-719

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
                  6 responses
                  1 like
                  Last Post jgualdronc  
                  Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM