RemoveDrawObjects()

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RemoveDrawObjects()

RemoveDrawObjects seems to work fine in real time, but not when it's called while loading historical bars..

Load this on a one minute chart with just a couple days of data.. It will draw a horizontal line and dot 25 bars back from the last bar on the chart. It should also remove both those same objects 10 bars after that, prior to even finishing loading all the bars on the chart. But it doesn't, at least not for me.

It will however delete them at the close of the next 1 min bar.. Which would be expected, if they weren't suppose to be removed earlier.

Also.. for next test.. Refresh the chart after the objects are removed at the close of the bar.. Quickly manually draw a couple drawobjects.. At the close of the next bar everything gets removed.. Both the indy's objects and the manually drawn objects.. Comment line 76 out and the manually drawn objects will no longer be deleted..

Also in the same token as removing both the indy's and the manually drawn objects.. If I apply another totally different indicator to the chart that draws objects.. On the close of that next 1 min bar, those objects, all drawing objects, regardless of what drew them, will be deleted as well..

Could you please confirm you are able to duplicate what I am experiencing?

Attached Files
    -=Edge=-
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Hello Edge,

Thank you for reporting this to us.

I will test on my end and report if I am able to reproduce.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello Edge,

Thank you for reporting this to us.

I will test on my end and report if I am able to reproduce.

Thanks Pat, Any update on this? or anyone else experiencing the same thing?

-=Edge=-

Comment

Hello Edge,

Thank you for your patience.

I have tested and confirmed that this is occurring. I will follow up when I have additional information.

Comment

Hello Edge,

Thank you for your patience.

I have tested and confirmed that this is occurring. I will follow up when I have additional information.
          Just wanted to follow up so this didn't get lost as it's kind of holding me back on couple few things..

Was this confirmed as a bug to be fixed with next beta release?

Thanks

-=Edge=-

Comment

Hello -=Edge=-,

Thank you for your follow up.

There is no word on this at this time but I did confirm the behavior on my end as well. This would be unexpected based on the NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 documentation.

Comment

Originally posted by -=Edge=- View Post
              Just wanted to follow up so this didn't get lost as it's kind of holding me back on couple few things..

Was this confirmed as a bug to be fixed with next beta release?

Thanks

Thanks for reporting. Assigned under ticket NTEIGHT-8257
              Covers two issues:
              1. RemoveDrawObject methods only work in State.RealTime
              2. RemoveDrawObjects() removes all Drawing Objects including manually drawn.

Both issues are fixed and should be working properly in the next BETA release.
              ArtSenior Software Developer

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Art View Post
                Thanks for reporting. Assigned under ticket NTEIGHT-8257
                Covers two issues:
                1. RemoveDrawObject methods only work in State.RealTime
                2. RemoveDrawObjects() removes all Drawing Objects including manually drawn.

Both issues are fixed and should be working properly in the next BETA release.
                Thanks, both these issues seemed to be fixed in B2, BUT the Anchor for BarIndex only seems to work in Realtime, and the Anchor for BarsAgo doesn't seem to work at all.. Please see attached sample script.. Just a modification of the one I posted previously..

Throw this on a one min chart.. You'll see I draw a dot and horizontal line 10 bars back from the last bar on the chart.. Then try to print the anchors for index and barsago every bar after. The index begins to print the correct value on the close of the first realtime bar, but not before.. and the barsago always seems to be 0..

Attached Files
                -=Edge=-

Comment

Originally posted by -=Edge=- View Post
                  Thanks, both these issues seemed to be fixed in B2, BUT the Anchor for BarIndex only seems to work in Realtime, and the Anchor for BarsAgo doesn't seem to work at all.. Please see attached sample script.. Just a modification of the one I posted previously..

Throw this on a one min chart.. You'll see I draw a dot and horizontal line 10 bars back from the last bar on the chart.. Then try to print the anchors for index and barsago every bar after. The index begins to print the correct value on the close of the first realtime bar, but not before.. and the barsago always seems to be 0..
                  Did this issue get lost because I posted it in an unrelated thread? or am I doing something wrong? or is this actually a problem that needs to be addressed?

-=Edge=-

Comment

Hello Edge,

Thank you for bringing these additional items to our attention.

Comment

Hello Edge,

I can confirm that BarsIndex is not pulling the value as expected in historical. The BarsAgo however, just holds the literal value entered into the Draw method for the bars ago. BarsAgo will not update on each bar, it stays the value it was given.

So the way to get how many bars ago from the current bar our object was drawn we would use CurrentBar - myDrawObject.Anchor.BarsIndex. This of course will work in historical once BarsIndex is updated for NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

Hello Edge,

I can confirm that BarsIndex is not pulling the value as expected in historical. The BarsAgo however, just holds the literal value entered into the Draw method for the bars ago. BarsAgo will not update on each bar, it stays the value it was given.

So the way to get how many bars ago from the current bar our object was drawn we would use CurrentBar - myDrawObject.Anchor.BarsIndex. This of course will work in historical once BarsIndex is updated for NinjaTrader 8.
                        Thanks for the update.. No worries on the BarsAgo, just need a way to pull the correct anchors and BarsIndex will work just fine.. Patiently await the fix..

-=Edge=-

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by 21laienoch, Today, 07:25 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post 21laienoch  
                        Started by burtoninlondon, 04-28-2024, 12:38 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post burtoninlondon