Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart problems

I have two current problems with my strategies under NT 7 - 0.22:

1) The current date sticks so that the next day it doesn't move forward. I have to go to each chart and change the date to the next day. Sometimes it moves for me and sometimes not. I always want it to move forward, is there a way to force this?
    2) I can't get an email out in my strategy even though I set it up and tested it in the Tools:Options:Misc menu.
    Here is the code:
    string end_msg = " based on signal from " + Instrument.FullName + ", at " + Time[0] + ", Interval = " + BarsPeriod.Value + "minutes.";
    string msg;
    msg = "Buy SPY" + end_msg;
    SendMail("[email protected]", "[email protected]", "Alert", msg);

I do not get any errors in the NT log. I get the trade signals in the log, but no email.

Hello tradetree,

There was a similar issue fixed in latest release:
    Fixed
    Charts
    Live charts did not necessarily roll to the next date if opened during a session gap and left overnight

Please upgrade to the latest release 23.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/download_download.htm

If you're able to send mail from the control center test email then in code should work as well. For testing email: Best would be a dedicated script with a bool control for sending mail so you can check only this component without having to rely on trade conditions.

if (myBool)
    {
    SendMail("[email protected]", "[email protected]", "Alert", msg);
    myBool = false;
    }
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 11-18-2010, 11:50 AM.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I can not get a strategy to send an email. I even went into the debugger, and see it hit the SendMail line and go past it. I can send it from the Menu only. I created a strategy just for this test. I attached the file...
      Attached Files

Comment

SendMail() only works on real time data, so likely your example script is only proccessed on historical bars. Can try with the attached script that only sends on real time bars.
        Attached Files

Comment

I took your file and put it in the NT strategy directory. I opened it with the scrip editor and changed just the "bogus" email addresses to the real ones. I compiled it and added it to a 1 minute chart. The log in NT showed the strategy enabled. Many minutes went by and nothing showed up in the log. I also noticed in your script that "spamMeOnce" is not initialized that I can see, but it did compile. Also note that I already dealt with the "SendMail only works on real time data" as I described in my previous post. I saw it call the SendMail function in the debugger. So it has been tested twice over.

...I went into the debugger with this strategy and do see it see "spamMeOnce" as true for the first OnBarUpdate and it then calls SendMail. Nothing in the log or email.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
          SendMail() only works on real time data, so likely your example script is only proccessed on historical bars. Can try with the attached script that only sends on real time bars.
          Last edited by tradetree; 11-18-2010, 01:15 PM.

Comment

The code works OK here. Might want to try on another computer, another email address or contact your ISP to see if they're somehow blocking this type of communication. Can also try with all security and antivirus software turned off.

Comment

upgrade problem

I am trying to upgrade ninja release Candidate 1
              > Remove NinjaScript Assemblies and remove every single assembly listed.
              I get error that I have to repair script files first before they can be deleted.. any help would be appreciated,,, I am new here if you could send a solution to [email protected]. it would be nice,

I have a hard time navigating here

Thanks in advance Dave d

Comment

Dave d, the primary method for providing support is here on the forum.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
                • Open NinjaTrader
                • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
                • Select an indicator and double click on it.
                • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
                • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
                • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

Let me know if this does the trick for you.
                AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Compile did not work

When I compiled I got about 15 errors of scrip,, with no instructions how to repair or delete...

Comment

Originally posted by Dave d View Post
                    When I compiled I got about 15 errors of scrip,, with no instructions how to repair or delete...
                    I don't know how I did it, but I think I fixed it.... a bell rang,,,,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by TraderJA, Today, 12:06 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post TraderJA  
                    Started by SnailHorn, Yesterday, 10:49 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post SnailHorn