NT7 b20 Pivots do not return values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 b20 Pivots do not return values

There seems to be a bug in that pivots do not return values in strategies using NT7 b20. This was also apparent in b19.

The example from the manual returns 0 for this code:

double value = Pivots(PivotRange.Daily, HLCCalculationMode.DailyBars, 0, 0, 0, 20).S2[0];
    Print("The current Pivots S2 pivot value is " + value.ToString());

Also only one set of pivots is displayed on the chart even if both daily and weekly pivot indicators are applied.

Thanks
    Chris

Chris, which datafeed are you using here? It the call working as expected for you if the Calculation Mode is set to CalcFromIntradayData?

Thanks
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand

I am using this with market replay data, which had been downloaded from IB. Using CalcFromIntradayData works fine so that the problem lies with calc from daily bars, however I am now wondering if this is because i haven't got daily bar data recorded.

Chris

Comment

Correct, you would need native daily historical data in this case - if you try a regular chart connected to a IB live account, would the values calc as expected?

Comment

Probably the same problem that I have reported here:

Comment

Weekly calculated pivots don't return a value either when connected to live Kinetick (EOD) and IB data feeds

Comment

We could reproduce an issue here guys with the programmatic pivot calling - we're currently looking into and will provide an update shortly.

Comment

Is there any news on this? I want to call the pivot values via another indicator in DailyBars mode. Last time I tried this the values returned were 0.

So I ended up integrating the whole pivot indicator into the code of the other indicator. But I would really be happy to know how to call those values.

Comment

Harry, we looked into matters and by the way the pivots indicator is working the additional series are loaded asynchronous, as they would be needed in the given scenario - thus it's important to add a check it would offer valid plot values already when programmatically working with it, we added a new reference sample for this case -

Comment

Thank you for the help. I will try it out.

Comment

I have now followed the best practice of the reference sample, but there is still a problem. If I use an indicator that references the pivots indicator in DailyBars mode, this indicator will often display nothing. To activate the indicator I have to apply it to a chart and then Reload NinjaScript in a second step (F5).

Same indicator in CalcFromIntradayData mode works immediately without the need to reload NinjaScript.

I am afraid that the indicator, if used in any strategy does not work correctly.

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                      Harry, we looked into matters and by the way the pivots indicator is working the additional series are loaded asynchronous, as they would be needed in the given scenario - thus it's important to add a check it would offer valid plot values already when programmatically working with it, we added a new reference sample for this case -

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=33061

Comment

Harry, I will have Bertrand get back to you tomorrow.
                        AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your answer. I have further problems with this:

When accessing an indicator in DailyBars mode and not connected -> works!
                          When accessing an indicator in DailyBars mode and connected -> does not work!

Applies to single connections EOD only, single connection intraday and EOD, or double connections.

In DailyBars mode the indicator does not return values as expected and nothing is displayed, although I used the model indicator.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Austin View Post
                          Harry, I will have Bertrand get back to you tomorrow.

Comment

Sample Indicator not working

I have coded a small sample indicator, which tries to access the NinjaTrader pivots indicator in DailyBars mode.

If NinjaTrader is not connected -> pivot lines are retrieved and displayed by sample indicator.

As soon as I connect NinjaTrader -> pivot lines cannot be displayed, as the sample indicator does not work.

Sometimes it works when connected, after hitting F5 three of four times.

Indicator is attached. Thanks for confirming the problem.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Harry; 10-24-2010, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Harry, thanks for providing the snippet - looking into it now.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bidder
                              by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                              4 responses