HTTP proxy support needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTTP proxy support needed

Hi I need to use NJ7 in an environment where all internet accesses are behind HTTP proxy with username and password authentication.
    1. the setup.exe doesn't work, because it was not able to download from NJ server.
    2. I downloaded the msi files manually installed the software.
    3. it started up, but couldn't verify the license key
    4. it crashed before the main window display because it failed to load vendor.dll

If you can add HTTP proxy support, (maybe use IE settings), that will be very helpful. Thanks.

BTW, I tried to edit NinjaTrader.exe.config, and made it look like below:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <configuration>
    <system.net>
    <defaultProxy>
    <proxy proxyaddress = "http://myusername:mypassword@myproxy:8080" bypassonlocal = "true"/>
    </defaultProxy>
    </system.net>
    </configuration>

but that still doesn't help.
    Last edited by rickmave; 06-25-2010, 09:30 AM.

Rickmave,

NinjaTrader can be setup to support/use IE proxy settings.
    To enable this please visit and follow the instructions located at -

To allow access to the NinjaTrader licensing server add *.ninjatrader.com to the exceptions list within IE proxy settings.
    LowellSenior IT Manager

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Lowell View Post
      Rickmave,

NinjaTrader can be setup to support/use IE proxy settings.
      To enable this please visit and follow the instructions located at -

To allow access to the NinjaTrader licensing server add *.ninjatrader.com to the exceptions list within IE proxy settings.
      NinjaTrader_Lowell,

I actually had done exactly what you suggested before I report the issue.

the tricky part here is:
      1. I'm behind a local network, which doesn't have direct internet connection except HTTP/HTTPS proxy.
      2. when I run IE, it will pop up a prompt for username/password every time, but ninja trader doesn't popup the prompt. I tried to put the username/password before the proxy name, which is shown in my first post, but that still doesn't work.

Any suggestions on that? Thanks.

Comment

Rickmave,

So I understand that you have a HTTP/HTTPS proxy in place that requires authentication.

Although this is not officially supported since this qualifies under your network setup which is outside the control of NinjaTrader:

Just to ensure we are on the same page, you have performed the following?

You’ve removed the code you displayed from your initial post.

Then

To use your IE proxy setting including the password prompt.

1. Completely shut down and close out of the NinjaTrader platform
        2. Open the file C:\Program Files\<NinjaTrader Folder>\bin\NinjaTrader.exe.config using MS Notepad or any other text editor
        3. Replace the text "False" with "True"
        4. Save the file

NinjaTrader will now use your PC settings for the proxy server.

Then

1. Open IE -> Tools -> Options -> Connections (TAB)
        2. Click LAN Setting at the bottom
        3. Click “use a Proxy server” then Advanced
        4. In the exceptions type or copy/paste *.ninjatrader.com;*.exfnow.com
        5. Close out by clicking “ok”

Now go ahead and restart NinjaTrader, At this point NinjaTrader should connect like when you open IE and a password should pop up.

Please let me know if that now works for you.
        LowellSenior IT Manager

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Lowell View Post
          Rickmave,

So I understand that you have a HTTP/HTTPS proxy in place that requires authentication.

Although this is not officially supported since this qualifies under your network setup which is outside the control of NinjaTrader:

Just to ensure we are on the same page, you have performed the following?

Then

2. Open the file C:\Program Files\<NinjaTrader Folder>\bin\NinjaTrader.exe.config using MS Notepad or any other text editor
          4. Save the file

Then

Now go ahead and restart NinjaTrader, At this point NinjaTrader should connect like when you open IE and a password should pop up.

Please let me know if that now works for you.
          NinjaTrader_Lowell,

I actually tried both 6.5 and 7, with 6.5, even though I get the "Fail to verify license" error, the program still works. but with 7, after the "Fail to verify license" error, it pop up an error saying the text below and exit.
          Unable to load NinjaTrader vender dll. Please re-install NinjaTrader: Unverfiable code failed policy check. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131402)

As to the steps you listed:

I did the first part, but it gives the same "Fail to verify license" error without password prompt:
          NinjaTrader is having problems connecting to its' license server. Possible problems are a) ... b) ...

Then

4. Save the file

I couldn't do the second part, because (1) it's gray, I couldn't change it. (2) even if I can change it, I still won't be able to access *.ninjatrader.com;*.exfnow.com if they are excluded from the proxy server. Because on this machine, I have to use proxy to access internet. My IE can access all these sites using the proxy.

Then

Comment

Hello Rickmave,

Originally posted by rickmave View Post
            Unable to load NinjaTrader vendor dll. Please re-install NinjaTrader: Unverifiable code failed policy check. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131402) .
            This is due to some of the NinjaTrader application being installed on a network drive. To resolve this issue please follow the directions located at this link - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=2441

Originally posted by rickmave View Post
            I couldn't do the second part, because (1) it's gray, I couldn't change it. (2) even if I can change it, I still won't be able to access *.ninjatrader.com;*.exfnow.com if they are excluded from the proxy server. Because on this machine, I have to use proxy to access internet. My IE can access all these sites using the proxy.
            Even though your IE can access all sites and we are now using IE to utilize your proxy for NinjaTrader we now need to exclude certain sites from using the proxy settings we are adding to IE this is performed threw the exceptions.

Possibly the reason you cannot access the Advanced section and it is grayed out is you first need to check "Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections)". Please try this then in the exceptions type or copy/paste *.ninjatrader.com;*.exfnow.com and then Close out by clicking “ok” Do not change any other setting and please leave "Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections)" checked when closing out of the setting menu.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue for you.
            Attached Files
            LowellSenior IT Manager

Comment

***Answer*** Download Sockcap64 (free). Make sure that you go the THE .exe program file, right click, go to Properties and click the box that says "Run as administrator". You have to click this box for it to work. Or at least I did. Your welcome! Good luck!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DJ888
              by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
              7 responses
              0 likes