Yahoo Connection NT7 vs NT6.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

abc1974,

Unfortunately this is expected. It behaves the same on 6.5 and 7 for me. The last bar shown will be removed as this is actually the 5/14 bar. When Yahoo pushes daily data is outside of our control, but if you leave that second open chart open for awhile you will see it appear again when Yahoo pushes data. The price on it may not necessarily match anything as the bar is not necessarily accurate until Yahoo publishes it to their historical data server.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well I guess that I was not able to explain myself.

I cannot understand why NT7 shows the Correct Data on the Control Center / Market Analyzer and it is not able to do the same and plot it on the chart. In both cases the data are being read from Yahoo. An application should show the same data in all its windows. Mistery to me.

I cannot see the code, but for me this should be a pretty easy issue to solve. Just by using the same code to read the prices in the Control Center and in the chart window.

Thanks for your time.

Regards

Comment

abc1974,

As mentioned, Yahoo does not publish their daily bar till after the session. What you see in Control Center and MA is just whatever the last tick was. When you receive such a tick you will also get such a bar on your charts. When you reopen/reload your charts you will not see said bar because its not provided by Yahoo's data servers. When another tick comes in again you will see the bar again.

When there are no ticks the Control Center and the MA will not show anything new and will just persist in showing whatever it displayed last.

Comment

Hope you do not solve every issue like this. I cannot understand why I can see the last tick in Control Center and MA but not on your charts. From a user perspective it does not make sense.

If yahoo push wrong or delay data is not the issue. But if it push any data that can be seen in the control center a user should also be able to see it on the chart also. The application should be able to plot the same data on every screen.

Guess this is not a priority to you. But please send the query to the development team to review the code.

Comment

abc1974,

Let me explain it this way.

-When you connect to Yahoo you pull historical daily data into your charts.
            -This is NOT the same data as tick data.
            -Control Center and MA see tick data which may/may not be updating based on the delayed feed.
            -Your daily chart is not going to show you tick data. It is going to show you daily data. You will not see daily data till Yahoo puts out their daily data information.

This is expected behavior when using EOD data providers.

Comment

Hi guys,

I’m sorry, but I have to agree with abc1974, this issue doesn’t happen in NT6.5, it is new. I cannot see the present day bar using a yahoo connection. I followed the instructions above and I still don’t see it. Just recently installed this version and before I installed it I was able to see the present day bar, even when the market was closed.

Anyway, I understand if there’s no immediate solution to this matter at the time.

Fer.-

Comment

I have looked at a few charts using Yahoo for daily data and I find that Yahoo(?) does not fill the last daily bar until into the evening of the day. However, if I disconnect from Yahoo and connect to Google Finance, I can see the last daily bar a bit earlier than Yahoo provides.

Comment

Hello ferdinand,

The behavior you are seeing in NinjaTrader 7's Yahoo powered daily charts is expected. Please see NinjaTrader_Josh's reply in post #20 for clarification.

Hello Tarkus11,

I see similar results on my end. It seems that Google simply updates a bit earlier than Yahoo.
                  KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post 00nevest  
                  Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
                  5 responses