Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

data series minute -> daily , => crash

I use a chart window with 2 data series, e.g. ES 12-09 and FDAX 12-09

then I add an indicator to it (for example to dataseries 0)

Then I change the chart from 1 minute to 1day and the then NT7b1 will crash , this is the trace:

2009-10-16 08:44:03:126 ********* exception trapped *********
    2009-10-16 08:44:03:126 Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    2009-10-16 08:44:03:126 System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Contr ol caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
    at NinjaTrader.Cbi.SynchronizeInvoke.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartControl.OnIntervalSelec tInWorkerThread(Object state)
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallb ack_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Objec t userData)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.Exe cuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWa itCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWa itCallback(Object state)

We are unable to reproduce here.

- What feed are you connected to
    - What indicator are you using
    - Can you reproduce this each and every time

?

Thanks for reporting.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray,

I am not connected to any feed.
      And it happens with one of my custom indicators, VoiceNearInterestZones,

and it happens only if I set panel->same as input panel.
      if the indicator has its own panel there is no problem.

The first error message is something like"
      Error in serialising indicator. Please read help about serializing...

Then the stack trace from NinjaTrader referrring to an index out of bounds.

I am running under Visual Studio debugger and I compiled my indicator with debugging info (config.xml!) , but the exception does not occur in my indicator. Therefore I posted it here.

Update: I was able to reproduce the error using the ZigZag indicator only on the chart. I used ZigZag because it uses the input series panel. I put ZigZag input series to the second data series, and then I clicked quickly several times from 1min to daily back and forth and so on. After 5-6 clicks usually this error shows up.

Regards
      Andreas

P.S. I had a look at the ImportType abstract class. Seems straight forward to implement importing, but how do you make NinjaTrader to include my library to the import options?

Comment

Excellent, I can reproduce. Thanks for the pointers. On your other question, are you asking how to include your DLL into the NinjaScript export archive? If yes, I believe that you must open the zip and manually add the file.

Comment

You have Metastock and NinjaTrader import historic data options in the Historic Data manager option.

I wanted to write an import module for SierraChart data files. I have done all this for SierraChart .txt to NinjaTrader .txt and I wanted just to make it nicer, eg. a fully intregated routine.
          Seems that your Import routines are derived from the abstract ImportType class.
          Once you have written such a class, how do I tell NinjaTrader to include it in the import historic data options?

Regards

Andreas
          Last edited by zweistein; 10-16-2009, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zweistein View Post
            You have Metastock and NinjaTrader import historic data options in the Historic Data manager option.

I wanted to write an import module for SierraChart data files. I have done all this for SierraChart .txt to NinjaTrader .txt and I wanted just to make it nicer, eg. a fully intregated routine.
            Seems that your Import routines are derived from the abstract ImportType class.
            Once you have written such a class, how do I tell NinjaTrader to include it in the import historic data options?

Regards

Andreas
            Ah... Did you check out the file @TextImportType.cs in

C:\Users\rdeux\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Type

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by sofortune, Yesterday, 11:48 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes