This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

laocoon,

The issue has been resolved in the next beta. For actual trading please use 6.5. I would not recommend using a beta to trade live as you may run into unexpected scenarios while you are in the middle of a trade.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
      laocoon,

The issue has been resolved in the next beta. For actual trading please use 6.5. I would not recommend using a beta to trade live as you may run into unexpected scenarios while you are in the middle of a trade.

Could you guys also make sure that PlotStyle.Line changes color correctly? I only can get the PlotStyle.Dot to change color on Beta 4.

Thanks.

Comment

uprz23,

Multicolor plots does not work properly in B4. Please try again in B5.

Comment

It has been 2 weeks since last beta release. When do you anticipate releasing the next beta with a fix for the multi-color plot issue?

Comment

We likely will issue a new beta next week. We still needed to iron out a couple of issues before.

Comment

User Selectable Colors for Mulit-Color Plots

Post #1 in this thread (NT MultiColor Plot Approach) links to sample code for multi-color plotting in NT7. This does now seem to work in NT7 Beta 5.

However, would greatly appreciate if you could update this sample code to show how to use colors that can be user-selected as parameters, rather than hard coded into the Ninjascript.

Thanks!

Comment

Multi Colored Plots Working OK

Just to clarify, I did not mean to imply that the multi color plots do not work. They do work fine.

However, in the sample code that I referred to, the plot color is hard coded into the Ninjascript:

PlotColors[0][0] = Color.Blue;

I would like to see an example of how the color can instead be parameterized to be user selectable. Should be simple but my programming experience is very limited.

Thanks.

Comment

Ricam,

Pardon my misread earlier. To create user definable parameters for colors please see this tip: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=4977

Comment

User Definable Colors

Thanks for the info, Josh. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

an excellent addition to NT! thanks!

Comment

Guys, I haven't tested this exhaustively, but in my use of PlotColors so far, if an indicator's default settings are set by right-clicking on the "Indicators" window while a plot's color is not "Transparent," PlotColors changes will be overridden by the new default color, making them useless. For example, right-clicking on MyIndicator's settings and choosing "Set Default for MyIndicator" while its plot color is Orange will make the entire plot orange -- PlotColor changes from orange to any other color will not appear.

This is confusing because PlotColors has priority over the hard-coded initial color in the Plot() command. If this isn't changed, users should be warned to choose "Transparent" for Plots with PlotColors commands before setting indicator defaults. However, it seems to me it would be best if PlotColors also had priority over the "Set Default..." color. It would certainly prevent confusion.

Is this behavior intentional?

Thank you for your help,

Light

P.S. It appears this behavior isn't consistent. My description above holds for a MACD plot. But for the "D" line on a Stochastic, PlotColors are overridden by Transparent instead of by "Orange". Hence the plot disappears, despite the use of (non-Transparent) PlotColors commands.
                        Last edited by Light; 01-28-2010, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Light,

Unfortunately I was unable to reproduce on my end. Please provide a sample indicator and exact steps you are using to reproduce. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks Josh. I've been trying to repeat it, but am not seeing it now -- even on exactly the same NinjaScript files I saw it last night. Hmmm.

I'm going to stop looking. If it's this hard to reproduce, then it can't matter much. But if I see it again, I'll take closer notes.

Thanks again for your help.

Best wishes,

Light

P.S. Spoke too soon... it's back again -- if I can get time, I'll try to document it...
                            Last edited by Light; 01-28-2010, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Josh, I am now confident that the problem originated from NOT serializing my color choice parameters in the properties section of my indicators. Without serialization, my indicator color preferences were removed upon by right-clicking the parameters window and selecting "Set Default...". (The cells for them were turned entirely blank -- no colors or text in the parameter section showing their labels.)

However, once I put in serialization commands for the color parameters, the same sequence of actions left my color preferences in place, and consequently the PlotColors command continued to perform as it should.

The lesson appears to be that it is especially important to serialize color parameters! ;-) My bad... However, I would encourage NT to put a warning about this in bold in the help files for NT7.

Thanks again for responding to my post. I hope my oversight it didn't cost you much time.

Best wishes,

Light

Comment

This doesn't work when I change input series to an indicator in beta8. On a price series it works fine.

Mpe

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Bidder
                                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                                4 responses