NT8 Help for Import Needs Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Help for Import Needs Work

I was adding Import instructions to my NT8 Shared Indicators. At NT8 Help > Help Guide > NinjaScript > Distribution > Import , I only found the minimal:
    "You should only import NinjaScript Archive files (.zip) that you have obtained from a trusted source.
    To import:
    1. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import> NinjaScript... to open the "Import" dialog window
    2. Select the file you want to import
    3. Press the "Import" button "

I expanded on that information to in http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=7&linkid=699 :
    "To Import Indicator Into NT 8:
    1. Download the attached file by clicking on the blue downward arrow or the NT Chart image. Save the file. Do not open it.
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript...
    3. Type into the first field the folder that contains the .zip file downloaded by your browser. When first displayed the field has C:\Users\ ... .
    4. Press Enter.
    5. Select the downloaded .zip file then click the Import button."

I am sure that you can improve the current NT8 Help for Import. When there is time, it would be great to make the folder name field navigable.
    Last edited by Jim W.; 10-20-2015, 12:15 AM.

Hello Jim W,

Thank you for your feedback to improve the help guide in regards to importing NinjaScript files. Please note that this article is still under review by the NinjaTrader Product Management team and is subject to change.

I am not quite sure what you mean by "make the folder name field navigable". Could you please clarify? You can navigate by clicking the folders. If you click the ".." folder, you will go one folder back.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,

Below are the steps that I wrote for Importing Shared Indicators:

To Import Indicator Into NT 8:
      1. Download the attached file by clicking on the blue downward arrow or the NT Chart image. Save the file. Do not open it.
      2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript...
      3. Type into the first field the folder that contains the .zip file downloaded by your browser. When first displayed the field has C:\Users\ ... .
      4. Press Enter.
      5. Select the download .zip file then click the Import button.

To Import Indicator Into NT 7:
      2. From the Control Center window select the menu File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript.
      3. Navigate to the folder that contains the .zip file download by your browser.
      4. Select the downloaded .zip file then click the Open button.

Comparing the two:
      NT 8 Step 2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript...
      NT7 Step 2. From the Control Center window select the menu File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript.

The screen shot below shows the two windows presented after making the Step 2 selections, NT 8 over NT 7. By navigable I meant working like NT 7 :
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for clarifying. I will forward the suggestion to development.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim W. View Post
          Jason,

Below are the steps that I wrote for Importing Shared Indicators:

To Import Indicator Into NT 8:
          4. Press Enter.
          5. Select the download .zip file then click the Import button.

To Import Indicator Into NT 7:
          2. From the Control Center window select the menu File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript.
          3. Navigate to the folder that contains the .zip file download by your browser.
          4. Select the downloaded .zip file then click the Open button.

Comparing the two:
          NT 8 Step 2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript...
          NT7 Step 2. From the Control Center window select the menu File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript.

The screen shot below shows the two windows presented after making the Step 2 selections, NT 8 over NT 7. By navigable I meant working like NT 7 :
          They have already agreed that that needs to be more efficient.

ref: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=75438

I believe there is also a post that definitely says that they will make the change, but I cannot find the exact post at the moment.

Edit: Found it. http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...78&postcount=3
          Last edited by koganam; 10-21-2015, 07:12 AM.

Comment

I have been informed that we will be implementing the standard Windows file explorer with all familiar features soon, except in those cases in which we do not allow users to navigate outside of a specific folder, such as when loading a chart template.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post lightsun47  
            Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
            1 response
            0 likes