Support for Version Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support for Version Control

Like any good programmer, I want to use a version control system when I develop. It would be nice if this was integrated into the IDE but I'll settle for one of the many that are integrated with the file system. This means having strategies stored as a CS file, or at the very least having them easily exportable/importable as the raw CS file.

I don't see any easy way to do this. The export utility doesn't work on a strategy-by-strategy basis and wants to export ZIP files which are awkward to store in a version control system (can't do 'diff'). This is also a problem since export wants to suck along a lot of extra junk like indicators and all referenced files and worse, it refuses to export if there are compile errors. Worst of all, if you use the 'UserDefinedMethods' strategy, it won't export at all.

For your next release, can you offer some better support for a file-by-file import/export, or offer some way for us to integrate NinjaTrader with a version control system (even if it isn't smooth).

I've got to believe that NinjaTrader itself uses version control and there would be chaos without it. Please give us the same feature.

Thanks for the suggestion, will consider for a future release.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post burtoninlondon  
    Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes