ChartControl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ChartControl

First off, let me congratulate you all on a fantastic product. It is such a joy to finally have a robust charting program built on, and including access to, a real programming language. I'm so sick of TradeStation- and eSignal-type scripting. And external dlls are a p-in-the-a solution.

On that note, what is possible to do with NT is virtually limitless, compared to it's competitors, provided one has enough information on the underlying classes. For example, "ChartControl". I realize that, at this time, you do not publish or provide support for direct access to ChartControls properties, methods and events, except as exposed in Indicator, and as can be gleaned from a few custom drawing examples. I also understand why - the support issues would be overwhelming.

My suggestion for enhancement is that ChartControl be documented for the use of advanced programmers, so that we can more easily take advantage of all that NT offers. This could be done with a "No Technical Support Provided Whatever" caveat. You could even develop a standard reply to any questions posted regarding ChartControl, for example "We appologize, but, as stated in the ChartControl User Access Agreement, absolutely no technical support whatsoever is provided to developers directly accessing ChartControl properties, methods or events". You could go so far as to have customers who request this documentation sign off on the no tech support agreement.

This would allow C# programmers to go crazy doing wierd and wonderful things, and not put any additional burden on your tech support team (who, by the way, are the BEST and MOST RESPONSIVE group I have ever run across! I can't believe how quickly they answer questions, and how much effort they put in to continuously expand and explain NTs capabilities!)

Perhaps someday???

Thanks for compliments. We'll take your suggestions into consideration for future doc overhauls.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
    8 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
    4 responses
    1 like
    Last Post jgualdronc