Connection and Offerings and Reliability Realities of NinjaTrader Brokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laocoon View Post

Vision and Velocity don't offer Eurex so that leaves AMP and Global.
    If I am reading it correctly AMP/CQG charge Euro23 pm for Eurex data, whereas with ZF it was 'free'. At this point I have not asked AMP for a commission quote so I may find their R/t charges on Eurex are cheaper than Mirus/ZF because Mirus could be building the Euro23 into the R/t cost.

What is the best trading platform? Pick your best trading platform. Trade markets on 50+ trading platforms through AMP Futures. All Demo accounts are FREE!

Comment

Actually i trade through IB. But there is a problem with the TWS API reporting wrong execution prices with the grains on CBOT. I contacted IB some days ago but still wait for an answer. If they are not willing to fix this i consider to switch to another broker. Actually advantage futures looks very interesting.

In my opinion the best brokers are the ones who offer you a personal support agent. Dorman, Global Futures, Advantage do this in my experience.

Comment

I've been looking at my options these last few days and it basically boils down to 4 firms:
        -AMP
        -Global Futures
        -Velocity Futures
        -Vision

Vision and Velocity don't offer Eurex so that leaves AMP and Global.
        Global offers AMP, Open E-Cry as well as RCG which is quite convenient as many traders who are currently with Mirus clear through RCG, so an account transfer could happen very quickly. The Global-RCG combo runs with Pats data feed. This is currently my preferred option.
        Thanks, laocoon. I don't trade Eurex, just 6E on CME. I was wondering what you found out about Vision and Velocity in your research.

Comment

Originally posted by steve2222 View Post
          I have signed up for the AMP CQG demo.

So I will run both ZF (hopefully) and CQG in parallel.

Or in the worst case , assuming ZF does not get sorted in the next few days, I will move my live account to AMP if CQG runs okay over the next few trading days.

I used to have an account with AMP and they have told me it is still open so all I need to do for Live trading is sign a form to have my funds moved from Mirus to AMP.

I am also going to reach out to Matt at Optimus Trading (they do NT with Rithmic) and see what deal he offers. At face value their margins and commissions are not the lowest. They also do not offer Eurex.

CQG does offer Eurex with AMP (and Singapore and Australia) but I think there is an extra cost for this Eurex data whereas with Mirus/ZF there is not, so gets a bit harder to make cost comparisons.
          There's some discussion of Optimus in some posts here and some other brokers/data feeds. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...hlight=Optimus

Comment

Just wondering who else uses CQG other than AMP. Here's their website. http://www.cqg.com/

I guess it's these guys. http://www.cqg.com/Electronic-Tradin...-Partners.aspx I see Advantage, AMP, Dorman, Vision, Velocity. Some of the ones we're talking about.
            Last edited by bce111; 01-04-2014, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Here are the broker ratings at EliteTrader. http://www.elitetrader.com/br/

Comment

Advantage looks intriguing. They offer Ninja with CQG. Here are some comments on EliteTrader. http://www.elitetrader.com/br/?action=view&R_FirmID=224

Comment

Originally posted by bce111 View Post
                  Advantage looks intriguing. They offer Ninja with CQG. Here are some comments on EliteTrader. http://www.elitetrader.com/br/?action=view&R_FirmID=224
                  CQG for NinjaTrader is only offered through AMP FCM and it's network of introducing brokers.
                  RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                    CQG for NinjaTrader is only offered through AMP FCM and it's network of introducing brokers.
                    Okay. Thanks, Ray. Who are the "network of introducing brokers"?

Comment

Thanks, laocoon. I don't trade Eurex, just 6E on CME. I was wondering what you found out about Vision and Velocity in your research.
                      bce111, when I found out that they don't offer Eurex I didn't look further, but my initial impression was that Velocity is pretty focused on X-Trader and Vision has pretty high margins.

Comment

bce111, when I found out that they don't offer Eurex I didn't look further, but my initial impression was that Velocity is pretty focused on X-Trader and Vision has pretty high margins.
                        I see they both have high margins.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                          Given the numerous FCM's that offer CQG I find this astonishing. Are we being funneled to AMP or is it just that no other FCM has taken the time to use CQG's Integrated Client API to make the NT connection? It seems that the freedom of choice to use NT w/ CQG is really somewhat of an illusion becomes it comes with the no choice but to use AMP.

Is it possible to connect with Rithmic? Or is that "choice" not available.

This whole trading platform / introducing broker / data provider enterprise seems to rely on the heavy use of smoke and mirrors to conduct business.

CQG being referred to as an NT Technology Partner leads me to expect more.... isn't "flexibility" part of NT's business model?
                          Last edited by glennts; 01-04-2014, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glennts View Post

Is it possible to connect with Rithmic? Or is that "choice" not available.

This whole trading platform / introducing broker / data provider enterprise seems to rely on the heavy use of smoke and mirrors to conduct business.
                            Sure you can connect with Rithmic. Optimus Trading (who I referred to in early post) does exactly that. They clear through Vision.

They have a specific web site for NT/Rithmic:

Comment

I see they both have high margins.
                              Optimus Trading clear through Vision and have a dedicated web site for NT/Rithmic.

Email Matt for margins but I think you will find it is around 20% of the exchange mandated initial margin - so about $1000 for ES and $1688 for CL for instance.

Comment

I have looked into Optimus / Vision...and I fould this: http://www.nfa.futures.org/basicnet/...08888&type=reg

"On May 18, 2011, pursuant to a settlement offer submitted by Vision, Rothman and Doherty, Vision was ordered to pay a $500,000 fine and not enter into guarantee agreements with IBs for two years, subject to an opportunity to request modification of this restriction. Vision, Rothman and Doherty were ordered to develop and implement updated or revised supervisory procedures with respect to the supervision of Vision's GIBs within 180 days of the date of the Decision"

If it's the same guy...he's a repeat offender and has cases going back decades with earlier brokerage / investment businesses

As I posted earlier...it's all smoke and mirrors. Any one who has been conned by a pro will tell you " he was one of the nicest people I've ever met..."
                                Last edited by glennts; 01-04-2014, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Bidder
                                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes