Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Why are basic things made so difficult in NT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are basic things made so difficult in NT?

One thing I cannot fathom about NT is why such basic functionality as 'alert me when price crosses moving average' or 'alert me when moving average ticks up' is not built into the system in a drop down menu. All competitors have had this functionality for YEARS. When I subscribed to NT it didn't occur to me to check whether this functionality was included. I'm astounded I have to break out the help files, trawl through forums and learn programming just to accomplish basic alert tasks that you can do in three clicks with other programs.

As it is, you've got literally thousands of customers expending countless man-hours duplicating the same effort in learning Ninjascript to accomplish identical tasks that could be easily introduced as functionality into the program. You only have to read all the duplicate requests in the forums. Don't you think the time spent answering all those duplicate requests might be better spent creating new functionality? Or am I missing something? Does anyone have an off-the-shelf method of alerting me when price crosses an upper channel line, for example?

Hi Sparkyboy,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'd like to help clarify as much as possible.

For some time, NinjaTrader 7 is under emergency maintenance mode and we're only fixing known issues, but will not be adding enhancements. The reason for this is that our development team is focusing their efforts on the next major release of NinjaTrader. This is a complete rehaul of the NinjaTrader framework which we're re-writing from the ground up which will allow us to fix and enhance areas we may have overlooked in the past.

I'd like to mention that our product development team does take client feedback very seriously, and they will comb through the lists of over 2500+ items we've received over the years as we look to improve NinjaTrader in the next major release.

When a client writes in with a new feature request, it is assigned at tracking ID and for our development team to keep an eye on. In the case where we get a duplicate feature request, we will consider a "vote" in for that feature and these votes do put more weight on the importance of adding another feature.

Something such as adding better support for creating alerts is very high on our list. While I cannot make any promises or speak on how this may be different, I can assure you that a feature such as this is being considered by our development team in the next major release.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by md4866, 05-01-2024, 08:15 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post md4866
    by md4866

Started by samish18, Today, 12:20 PM
    0 responses