Collapse

Ninjatrader 8 Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about skipping NT8 and going straight to NT9?

Or NT10 beta?

Comment

Yet another suggestion: re Linked Windows

Currently, the linked windows capability is limited to changing the instrument only on all linked windows.

For NT8, it would be very useful to enhance the linked windows capability as follows:
      • Allow linked windows to synchronize from a selection of attributes. For example, for charts, select from any or all of instrument, time period, bar style, chart properties, etc.
      • Allow an arbitrary link "parameter". Currently, the link "parameter" is a selection of one of seven predefined colors. It would be highly useful to have the ability to define one's own link parameter, e.g. a string of characters or an arbitrary color.
      • Allow windows to have multiple link parameters so that two or more sets of windows may share subsets of link attributes even though they may not have the same complete set of attributes. For instance, 10 windows, all charts, all linked for instrument, with 5 of them linked for time period and the other 5 linked for bar style. Another example would be 5 Basic Entry windows, all linked for Account, with 2 of them linked for TIF and the other 3 linked for Order Qty and ATM.

Thanks!
      Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
      jeronymite
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Hello jeronymite,

Thanks for your post.

I have forwarded your feedback to development to take into consideration.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

Will NT8 have an interface where I can obtain historical price data programmatically from an external program without having to manually export?

Comment

Hello EnsoTrader,

Thanks for your reply.

To get historical data in NinjaTrader 8 you would need to continue to use a supported data provider or import the data in a supported format.

Comment

Hi Brandon

Thanks for the info; However, that wasn't the question that I asked.

Comment

Hello Enso,

Thanks for your reply.

The ways to get historical price data to NinjaTrader would be by connecting to a supported data provider or to import historical data in the supported format. There is not going to be an interface designed to obtain historical price data from unsupported programs although C# coding will be pretty open for users to custom code items. I could not say what you could and could not do in C# at this time.

Comment

Hi Brandon

I don't want to import data in to NT8, I want to extract it from NT8.

Comment

Hello EnsoTrader,

Thanks for clarifying your want obtain historical price data to an external program.

This will function the same as NinjaTrader 7. There will not be an API of NinjaTrader to send data to other programs. NinjaScript can be used to send data to files however I could not say what format would be needed for other programs.

Below are some links with some coding details on doing something link this.

With NinjaTrader 8 there will be some additional low level access to bar requests which could be developed as an add-on and sent to 3rd party programs.
                    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brandon; 03-23-2015, 12:10 PM.

Comment

THanks for the info Brandon.

I think this helps me confirm the decision to move away from Kinetick.

Comment

Nt 8

It is frustrating that NT 7.5 is almost obsolete because of several limitations as 2015.

I have the feeling that NT is more interested in making money as broker than developing a serious platform, but such policy can be damaging on the long term because many traders and brokers can give up on a dated platform (it seems that some brokers did it already and are not offering NT anymore to new clients).

When will finally be available a new NT edition able to use quad cores instead of one core processors and eliminate the serious limitations of NT 7.5? Empty NT promises as release date are around for so long... Is there any hope for this spring/summer?

Based on NT answer I'll decide to stop using NT or not because is not a smart idea to use an obsolete trading platform in the era of quad cores and HFT.

Comment

That was constructive. NOT!

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                            That was constructive. NOT!
                            Sledge, sorry that my post based on truth is not constructive for you and based on your comment it seems that you are not interested when finally NT 8 will be available, as I asked. Maybe for your level of trading NT 7.5 is good enough, but not anymore for my needs.

Do you have any idea how many times NT team mentioned "We expect to launch beta shortly"? An example here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so9HgB5Kl6I

My post asking when NT 8 will be available not being constructive for you, I'm looking for your constructive comments regarding Ninja Trader 8 release date.
                            I appreciate common sense and helpful posts and I'm waiting for such a post from you. Thanks in advance for your help on the subject.
                            Good trading.

Comment

Hello Genegavi,

Thanks for your post.

At the link below you will see the most recent reply on this by our CEO, Ray.

NT v8 moved to a multi threaded framework. Integrating a v7 indicator without re-writing the code to take advantage of the framework defeats the purpose of the upgrade to v8. Additionally NT v8 has re-worked the page display code to facilitate faster load as well as other benefits. Having the source code is the only solution to ensuring you are not beholden to a company that is not responsive to their customer base. De-compiling is a straightforward process giving you the source code and hiring competent …

"NinjaTrader 8 beta will be released in waves (we took this approach with NT7 as well) with availability to the initial group no later than the end of April but likely sooner than that. I will provide more information as we draw nearer to that date."

As for some brokers not being available for new NinjaTrader clients, this has to do with clients who purchase new licenses only being able to select NinjaTrader Brokerage or complimentary brokers. This is unrelated to NinjaTrader 7. Grandfathered clients are still able to use brokers that were available at the time of their license purchase.

I am glad to see you are excited for the many enhancements that will be available with NinjaTrader 8. Implementing and testing these changes takes time and this has constantly been developments focus to complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Genegavi View Post
                                It is frustrating that NT 7.5 is almost obsolete because of several limitations as 2015.

I have the feeling that NT is more interested in making money as broker than developing a serious platform, but such policy can be damaging on the long term because many traders and brokers can give up on a dated platform (it seems that some brokers did it already and are not offering NT anymore to new clients).

When will finally be available a new NT edition able to use quad cores instead of one core processors and eliminate the serious limitations of NT 7.5? Empty NT promises as release date are around for so long... Is there any hope for this spring/summer?

Based on NT answer I'll decide to stop using NT or not because is not a smart idea to use an obsolete trading platform in the era of quad cores and HFT.

I feel your pain, but have not experianced it with NT yet. I am looking at making the switch over to NT, currently Demo NT, from TradeStation. You want to see a platform that is hamstrung, switch over to it for a bit. There have been calls for 64 platform for something like 8yrs and still going.
                                I've been on NT all of 24hrs and the basic layout is intuitive, easy to use and so much more is available native to the system. (Volume zones IN the native indicator list AND it is simple to overlay a indicator over price chart without custom coding it!! You can even place a pending order ON the chart!!!) Just have to check out data feeds and execution and if its fine it looks like I will make the switch.

At least you have a forum that you can navigate and support who seem to be more then willing to take opinions of users instead of user initiated polls that are acknowledged and promptly forgotten about, help out with coding, link you directly to material.
                                I'm sure there are problems as with any platform, it can't be custom built for every user, but at least the basics are built out and function.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Touch-Ups, Today, 10:36 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Touch-Ups  
                                Started by geddyisodin, 04-25-2024, 05:20 AM
                                8 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby