Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milti-series charts

Wow, cool.

"The image below depicts a mixed series chart that plots ES 5 Minute, NQ 1 Minute, YM 1000 Tick and YM 10 point range series."--from

My question is about indicators on such charts. Say a volume indicator, would you be able to chart say a 1 min and 2 min volume indicators all in one chart?

Originally posted by trader_rick1234 View Post
    Wow, cool.

"The image below depicts a mixed series chart that plots ES 5 Minute, NQ 1 Minute, YM 1000 Tick and YM 10 point range series."--from

My question is about indicators on such charts. Say a volume indicator, would you be able to chart say a 1 min and 2 min volume indicators all in one chart?
    Yes you can. You can mix any type of series (time frame, type and instruments) as well as apply any indicator on any of these series.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      Yes you can. You can mix any type of series (time frame, type and instruments) as well as apply any indicator on any of these series.
      Can the screen be divided into quadrants? instead of one on top of the other?

Comment

Originally posted by justme View Post
        Can the screen be divided into quadrants? instead of one on top of the other?
        No. Chart panels can only stack vertically. However, you could open 4 separate chart windows.

Comment

Will it now be possible to chart spreads in NT7? Either one instrument minus another or one minus a multiple of another (or vice versa)?

Comment

Originally posted by dotditdot View Post
            Will it now be possible to chart spreads in NT7? Either one instrument minus another or one minus a multiple of another (or vice versa)?
            You will be able to chart spreads as an indicator. What you will not be able to do is create a synthetic instrument of multi-instruments and chart it as chart style meaning, candlestick etc...

Comment

You will be able to chart spreads as an indicator. What you will not be able to do is create a synthetic instrument of multi-instruments and chart it as chart style meaning, candlestick etc...
              Thanks, this is better than what we have now.

Could this be improved to be charteable in the main plot window (i.e. as candlesticks) given that some of these spreads can move a lot in a day, as well as it would be nice to spread multiples of certain instruments against another?

Comment

Originally posted by dotditdot View Post
                Thanks, this is better than what we have now.

Could this be improved to be charteable in the main plot window (i.e. as candlesticks) given that some of these spreads can move a lot in a day, as well as it would be nice to spread multiples of certain instruments against another?
                Unfortunately not for NT7.

Comment

Just wondering about horizontal scaling on multi-series charts in upcoming NT7.

Suppose I have a chart of a stock (panel 0) and below it in the same chart (panel 1) I have a stochastic 1 Minute, and below that, I have a stochastic 5 minute (panel 2). Normally on a chart with indicators they all scale the same--which makes sense since the crosshair would align to the same point on the x-axis.

But suppose that you wanted to scale each indicator differently. Would that be possible? I know that's a bit strange but it would be nice if you could put something like that in NT7. Decouple the crosshair in each panel(but also be able to link them as desired). Or is it already like that in NT7. So for example, I wish I could link panel 0 and panel 2 and so when I x-scale panel 0 or panel 2, they both scale on the x-axis. But panel 1 and 3 would not scale.

The reason I ask is because sometimes it's easier to see indicators when they are scaled differently. Right now, I open up a chart, add an indicator, then shrink the chart panel, so that I only see the indicator. I do this a few times, so I have a few indicators in different time frames and in different time scales.

I hope you guys can add that if it's not already in there.

Comment

Originally posted by trader_rick1234 View Post
                    Just wondering about horizontal scaling on multi-series charts in upcoming NT7.

Suppose I have a chart of a stock (panel 0) and below it in the same chart (panel 1) I have a stochastic 1 Minute, and below that, I have a stochastic 5 minute (panel 2). Normally on a chart with indicators they all scale the same--which makes sense since the crosshair would align to the same point on the x-axis.

But suppose that you wanted to scale each indicator differently. Would that be possible? I know that's a bit strange but it would be nice if you could put something like that in NT7. Decouple the crosshair in each panel(but also be able to link them as desired). Or is it already like that in NT7. So for example, I wish I could link panel 0 and panel 2 and so when I x-scale panel 0 or panel 2, they both scale on the x-axis. But panel 1 and 3 would not scale.

The reason I ask is because sometimes it's easier to see indicators when they are scaled differently. Right now, I open up a chart, add an indicator, then shrink the chart panel, so that I only see the indicator. I do this a few times, so I have a few indicators in different time frames and in different time scales.

I hope you guys can add that if it's not already in there.
                    Interesting idea however, this will not be supported in NT unfortunately.

Comment

Milti-series charts

Hi,
                      I have 10min sp500 in panel 1 and 1min ES in panel2 and 55 tick in panel 3. I have my 10min as a BOX and when 9;30 eastern time starts it throw my 1min and 55 tick way over to the left, but when i compress the chart to see 10min the 1min and the 55 tick , the 55 tick is crunch, if i but it to normal u cant see the 10min but every thing is way to the left of the chart until the 9:40 time comes around . Is there away to set the open on the 10 min to displayat 9:30 instead of 9:40 this way everything can be line up to see .

Jack

Comment

Hello Jacka777,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum!

NinjaTrader stamps a bar with the closing time of the bar. For example, a 10 minute bar with a time of 9:40:00 AM has data from 9:30:00 AM through 9:39:59 AM.

As such, the 10 minute chart is opening at 9:30, not 9:40.

For more information about how NinjaTrader builds chart bars, please see the following link: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ChartBars.html
                        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Kyle,
                          I know that ,but if you but up a chart you would see what im talking about. because the 10min sp500 dosent show on the chart until 9:40 and that moves my chart again way over to the left and you can just barely see the 55 tick and the 1min es.

Comment

Hello Jack,

Thank you for your reply.

1.) Which data provider are you using with NinjaTrader.

2.) Can you provide me with an image of what you are referring to?

To take a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and upload the file with your next reply.

3.) Lastly, please right click in your chart and select Properties.
                            In the Properties menu, let me know what the Session Begins and Session Ends properties are set to.
                            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	^SP500 (10 Min) _ ES 03-10 (1 Min) _ ES 03-10 (55 Tick)  3_3_2010.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	854615

Hey Kyle, this is the picture so u can see

Jack

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse