Suggestions for the SuperDOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for the SuperDOM

This is my first post in the NinjaTrader forum, so I'd like to begin with a little bit of my background.

I funded a trading account with TransAct Futures back in June 2017 (Glenn McBeth of Infinity Futures was my introducing broker). Glenn hooked me up with Sierra Chart, and it's the only charting software I use -- IMO the best out there. When Transact decided to retire their platform without telling me in advance, I had to move my account over to NinjaTrader in December. While I didn't appreciate TransAct's failure to give me a "heads up" in advance, this turned out to be a blessing in disguise since NinjaTrader's platform is superior. Here are a couple of suggestions based on my experience with the SuperDOM...

1. I'm using 5 different ATM strategies, and all of them include an automatic stop-loss. Whenever I get filled on an order, I'll go to the SuperDOM and move the stop-loss until it goes into profit territory. At that point it's not stop-loss, so I'd like to find out if the SuperDOM can automatically change it to a yellow trailing stop. Maybe not important, but more technically accurate when a stop goes from stop-loss to a trailing stop that guarantees some sort of profit if the trade gets stopped out.

2. When I go long and the trade takes off, I go to the SuperDOM and use the mouse wheel to scroll down and find my stop-loss, then I move it up. When the uptrend keeps going up, I have to keep scrolling down and down to find the stop and move it up again. Same problem when I go short -- I go to the SuperDOM and use the mouse wheel to scroll up and find my stop-loss, then I move it down. When the downtrend keeps going down, I have to keep scrolling up and up and up to find the stop and move it down again. The bigger the trend, the more labor-intensive this becomes while I keep trades in play as I move stops until the trade stops out or I close the position on a profit target I set in the price chart. My suggestion here is this -- add a button called "MTS" (move trailing stop) to the SuperDOM. Clicking on the button brings up a dialog box. The first dialog says "Current trailing stop" with a slot where the trader puts in the current stop's price. The dialog below that says "Move stop to" with a slot where the trader puts in the new price. Click OK and the stop has been automatically moved to its new current price.

I specialize in the NQ, and trades anywhere from 50 to 100 points or more per trade are not unusual (in fact they're pretty common). The endless scrolling does become awfully labor-intensive, and it's hard to do that while I should be concentrating on the price chart. If I'm the only one who could use what I'm suggesting, I'll just live with the scrolling. But if other NinjaTrader customers could use it too, having it added to the SuperDOM would be wonderful. Are there any developers out there who would like to implement this for the NinjaTrader community?
    Last edited by Metrologist1987; 03-24-2024, 01:49 AM.

Hello Metrologist1987,

1. Unfortunately there is no function to have a stop loss order change colors when modified to a price in profit territory. I will forward the suggestion to Development.

2. You can modify ATM orders in the SuperDOM with a single click (even when the ATM orders are outside the visible display). Please see the link below.

Right click in the SuperDOM and select 'Properties'. Enable the 'Single click order modification' setting and click OK. Subsequently you can modify ATM orders with a single click and you don't have to scroll the price ladder anymore.

If this does not address your suggestion, please let me know.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The internal tracking number for the suggestion to change colors for the stop loss when modified to a price in profit is SFT-6248. Thank you for your feedback.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Bidder
      by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
      4 responses