Feature request: turn off strategy analyzer logging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature request: turn off strategy analyzer logging

I'd like to request a way to stop the strategy analyzer from producing log files. I run tens of thousands of back tests a day and I need to empty the log folder every time I restart the program otherwise it takes forever to start up. Not to mention, that it's wearing down my SSD. Thanks!

Hello thisolduser,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted your feature request for the development team to consider.

Once I have a tracking ID, I will post this in this thread for future reference.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks! I appreciate it! It's just a chore to have to constantly keep emptying the strategyanalyzerlogs folder. When I first started using the program, it was a mystery to me why it was getting slower to start up each time and I'm sure that I'm not the only person who lost some time investigating the reason.

Also, in my particular use case, I would probably also see a performance benefit as well. I run so many backtests that a single second per run really adds up, and most of my backtests are multi-instrument so I end up generating a whole bunch of logs per run.

If any other uses also want this feature, maybe you could add your two cents to this thread? I'm sure that if there's a lot of user interest that this feature is more likely to get added.

Comment

Hello thisolduser,

This request is being tracked with ID # SFT-6130.

Please note, we receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number may be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tes.htm​
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Bidder
        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM