Collapse

exit position stop limit order. bid / ask with position average price + ticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exit position stop limit order. bid / ask with position average price + ticks

i'm dialing in exits. and, it would be nice to have the ability to state a limit price as position average price +X amount of ticks (for breakeven) with the ability to specify Bid - rather, than the default which is market.
    Attached Files

Hello SteveReiza,

Thank you for your post.

I'm a bit confused on what you are asking. Are you looking to move set up breakeven behavior within the Builder?

The BreakEvenBuilder script demonstrates breakeven behavior in the Strategy Builder:

Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply. no i'm just saying 'breakeven' for personal reasons. its just a managed exit a few ticks above average position price - so, it's a 'breakeven'. in the exit long position stop limit. you can 'set' the stop price and the limit price. when you set the limit price as average position price +3 ticks. there isn't a way to specify the kind of exit at average position price +3. i'm supposing it's a market entry. i'd like to be able to request ask or bid within that.

Comment

Hello SteveReiza,

Would you mind providing some more clarification on what exactly you would like to request a feature for, and perhaps an example? I would like to provide as much detail as possible to our team that handles these requests.

When you submit a stop limit order to a certain price, once that price is reached the order is filled. This article explaining stop limit orders may provide further clarification (also includes a short video):

A stop-limit order is a basic order type which issues a limit order once a specified price has been reached.

Comment

thanks for the reply. yah, for sure. if you could click on exit long stop limit order. it brings up options to fill in and you'll see what i'm talking about. it has the word 'set' there in the text box. the price when it is reached is filled - that's correct. i click 'set' and put something there instead of just putting a number. you can select alot of stuff to be that price. it doesn't need to be a number which is awesome, you can get really creative. when the limit price is set to average position size +18 (for example). the price when it is reach should exit - the + 18 from entry, correct? i just want to be able to specify 'bid' there. what kind of order is it if the price is reached - the +18 from entry? its market right? if i could set bid - 1 tick. there might be a spread to take advantage of.

Comment

Hello Steve,

You are currently able to set the limit price to be the Bid - 1 tick. After clicking on set, go to Price > click on Bid > change the Offset to 'Ticks' and set it to -1. Please see the attached screenshot.
            Attached Files

Comment

thanks for the reply. yes, i know that. and, its a cool feature. i have that in my strategy. but, you can't include that with the average position price. that's what i'm asking for. if there is an exit at an average position price specifically its just a market order, right?
              Last edited by SteveReiza; 02-27-2024, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post JoMoon2024  
              Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Massinisa