Collapse

Feature Request: Local Calculation of gains and losses irrespective of restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request: Local Calculation of gains and losses irrespective of restart

So I run an algorithm on desktop. It works great until I have to close it because I lose all history associated with that strategy. Then I have to go online and pull trades I think are associated. If I have local resources, why are logs not more rich related to the algorithm given the fact that there is a lack of persistence of data on the desktop app? Or am I missing that there is a log of the orders that persists with the meta data for a longer period of the program running.

Hello tony_28217,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Are you looking at the strategy performance? You can save a performance report by right-clicking within the Strategy Performance window > clicking export.

This report is generated per strategy instance, so when you restart the the strategy is disabled this report is reset.

That said, I can submit a feature request to retain this information. I will follow up with the internal tracking number as soon as it has been created.
    Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I understand that you can look at performance when the strategy is up.

I guess I just want that to be saved. Live trades with pnl should just be saved in a folder like logs. If there was a web feature this would have to be saved but this is all local so losing that information without some automatic step is highly likely (esp given that it's recommended in the NT documents to restart the platform from time to time...) . I can code the variables, but that seems like a thing I shouldn't need to do if you already have strat performance being logged, you know? So yes, please submit a feature req!

Comment

Hello,

This request is being tracked under the number SFT-6213.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes —https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
        Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Massinisa  
        Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
        0 responses