Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Make Your DOM Tradeable

Hi NT Community,

I wanted to give NT8 (Desktop) a go and think you have a great platform here. The only issue is I trade from the DOM and I found the NT DOM just doesn't seem to function for the way a lot of people would trade on a DOM. The issues I've outlined below seem to be done by design, so I know a lot of thought went into the current DOM mechanics, but it just doesn't work for a lot of traders. Would LOVE to see NT seriously re-consider just a few items:

Major
    1. Mouse over the DOM freezes the ladder --- if you think this is needed, please include an option to disable as it's very difficult to quickly enter a trade when you don't know where price is (I know you have the bid and ask at the top but it's not practical to stare at the top while trying to figure out where to place your trade on a frozen ladder.

2. Let price flow up and down the ladder. We need to see the movement of price, not the constant jittery centering of a ladder. If you feel this dynamic mode is valuable to some, please note it's very non-valuable to others and should be an option (Dynamic on/off) -- CQG Q Trader does this well (Dynamic Mode or Responsive Mode).

Minor
    3. add some quick buttons for selecting order entry sizes. Lots of DOMs have this, it makes things much quicker. In NT I have to click on some order entry calculator icon, then an unintuitive dropdown appears and I have to find my order size in an unorganized display. Just let the user add some pre-set buttons if they need.

4. add a hotkey that would "center all DOMs" for non-Dynamic mode

Thanks!

Hello DOM_Trader,

Thanks for your post.

1. We are tracking interest for this feature in an internal feature request ticket and I have added your vote. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-3985.

2. NinjaTrader Brokerage customers can still utilize the static superdom but this will need to be enabled by our support team on the backend for qualified accounts. If you'd like to enable this on your NinjaTrader Brokerage account please write into us at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so we may facilitate this.

3. We are tracking interest for this feature in an internal feature request ticket as well and I have added your vote. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-1781.

4. Interest for this hot key feature is being tracking in an internal feature request and I have added your vote. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-2386.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for adding my vote to your internal feature request tracking. I'm sure there's many more that don't get voiced because the trader just moves on to another platform so hope the NT community is keeping that in mind as well.

I also e-mailed NT support to request the Static DOM and was denied. It's just confusing to me that NT has both types of DOM but is selective with who gets the good stuff.

I guess that ends my NT journey for now. Hope to be back soon as I do appreciate the great community you have here!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Bidder
      by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes