Request to add Open Dyslexia Font to NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request to add Open Dyslexia Font to NT8

I am writing to propose the inclusion of the OpenDyslexic font in the NinjaTrader platform. This addition, I believe, would significantly enhance the user experience, particularly for individuals with dyslexia. Below, I outline the key reasons why incorporating this font would be beneficial:

Improved Readability for Dyslexic Users: OpenDyslexic is a typeface designed specifically to increase readability for individuals with dyslexia. Its unique features, such as weighted bottoms of letters, help prevent the brain from rotating them and causing confusion, a common issue for dyslexic readers.

Enhancing Accessibility and Inclusivity: By including OpenDyslexic, NinjaTrader can become more accessible to a broader audience. This aligns with global digital accessibility and inclusivity trends, ensuring that all users, regardless of their neurological differences, have equal access to your platform.

Positive Impact on User Experience: For users with dyslexia, the standard fonts often used in trading platforms can be challenging to read, leading to fatigue and errors. OpenDyslexic can alleviate this, leading to a more comfortable and efficient trading experience.

Setting a Precedent in the Industry: By adopting OpenDyslexic, NinjaTrader can position itself as a leader in the trading platform industry in terms of accessibility. This not only benefits users but also enhances the platform's reputation.

Potential Increase in User Base: By catering to the needs of dyslexic individuals, NinjaTrader can tap into a wider market, potentially increasing its user base. This inclusivity can also lead to positive word-of-mouth and customer loyalty.

Ease of Implementation: OpenDyslexic is an open-source font, which means it can be integrated into the platform without licensing concerns. This ease of implementation makes it a practical choice for immediate enhancement of the platform's accessibility features.

Hello zenmode,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

I have moved your post from General Development to Suggestions And Feedback as this is not an inquiry about developing NinjaScripts or programming C#.

I will submit your request to our development for consideration.
    Once I have a tracking ID for this request I will post in this thread for future reference.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello zenmode,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

I have moved your post from General Development to Platform Technical Support as this is not an inquiry about developing NinjaScripts or programming C#.

I will submit your request to our development for consideration.
      Once I have a tracking ID for this request I will post in this thread for future reference.
      Thank you!

Comment

Hello zenmode,

This request is being tracked with ID # SFT-6134.

Please note, we receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number may be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
          Hello zenmode,

This request is being tracked with ID # SFT-6134.

Please note, we receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number may be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
          checking on this.........

Comment

Hello zenmode,

Thanks for your notes.

This is Brandon responding on behalf of Chelsea.

We do not have any updates regarding this feature request at this time.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
            Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello.

This procedure works to change the font of all the texts of the application of "Arial" (default) to "Impact". I have not checked it for the "OpenDyslexic" font.

In the Tools/Options menu, click on General, and set the Skin of your preference. E.g. "Slate Light". And close NinjaTrader.

Go to the Folder Documents/Ninjatrader 8/Templates/Skins/Slate Light. This folder keeps the configuration for the "Slate Light" skin of the different components of the application.

In the Blueprint.xaml file there is much of the fonts configuration. By default the font is Arial.

Make a copy of the Blueprint.xaml file and save it, in case there was any problem and you had to restore it.

Open the Blueprint.xaml file in a text editor (e.g. Notepad ++). Replace the word "Arial" (in my file there are 23 hits) by the name of the font you want, e.g. "Impact" (with the font "Impact" it has worked, with others of more strange characters not I am sure if it will work). Save the changes in the file.

Open Ninjatrader and the texts would have to be in the new font.​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DJ888
              by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
              7 responses