Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RegionHighlightY with a fixed start and/or label

Hello,

It would be great if there was a RegionHighlightY drawing tool that, like a ray, had a given start. And/Or the ability to add a label to that shape, like with LabeledLines etc.

Hello, thanks for writing in. In the past, I made an indicator that labeled horizontal lines as they are added to the chart, I modified that one to label the starting line of the RegionHighlightY drawing tool. You will run this indicator on the chart, and all RegionHighlightY drawing tools placed after will be labeled. Please see the attached indicator.

Attached Files
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
      Hello, thanks for writing in. In the past, I made an indicator that labeled horizontal lines as they are added to the chart, I modified that one to label the starting line of the RegionHighlightY drawing tool. You will run this indicator on the chart, and all RegionHighlightY drawing tools placed after will be labeled. Please see the attached indicator.
      Hello Chris,

Thanks for the reply and the indicator, but I was thinking more of drawing tools that can be annotated with text. If I can't draw a RegionHighlightY with a clear start, so that I can at least add a label that makes it clear why it is there and when it "originated". It's a DrawingTool called LabeledLines by NT_Jim
      This is an expansion of the the NinjaTrader Lines Drawing Tool(s) that adds text boxes to each line that will show prices associated with the endpoint or where the line crosses the price scale. Vertical lines will show time stamps. Your own messages can be added to each text box. New settings can be set […]

Almost all types of lines are there, but the one I mentioned isn't exactly there...​

Comment

Hi emuns, I see what you are asking now. It would take some significant changes/additions to the existing drawing tools to make a custom drawing tool that would do this. As an alternative solution, you could use both RegionHighlightY and RegionHighlightX to mark where RegionHighlightY, or also use the Draw.Text tool to take notes on the chart.

Kind regards,
        -ChrisL​
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post JoMoon2024  
        Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM