Dark mode for the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark mode for the forum

There's a lot of white space here on the forum pages. It would be really great to have a native dark mode option, especially with the blinding new company color. (Even if the mode switch wouldn't change the color, it would still be much less jarring with a darker background.)

(Yes, there are ways to force dark mode on sites at the browser level, but this hacky solution often results in improper displays, including invisible aspects of pages. There's a reason so many sites offer this functionality natively.)

Hello,

If this will be a (new) feature request, add my vote...

Comment

Hello tradgrad,

Thank you for the feedback.

I have submitted this as a feature request. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created. emuns, I have also requested to have your vote added once there is a tracking number. I will confirm your vote has been added when I follow up with the tracking number.

Thank you both in advance for your patience.
      Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello tradgrad and emuns,

Thanks again for your patience.

The internal tracking number for this feature request is SFT-5853. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:​Thank you for using NinjaTrader.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NinjaTrader_Emily thank you for submitting the request, but given this is something regarding the NT website itself (this forum) and not the NT trading platform, would this really be included in the release notes you linked?

Comment

I sure hope that if NinjaTrader does this (allocates developer resources to making a "dark mode" for the web-based community forum) and if the task takes more than an hour of anyone's time, the task is allocated to a developer incapable of doing anything productive on NinjaTrader Desktop. There are a lot of things we really need in the flagship desktop product, and making the web-based community forum different colors is ... not a need.
            Bruce DeVault
            QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

There are a multitude of vBulletin dark themes available: https://www.google.com/search?q=vbulletin+dark+theme

I think rub would be not changing it for everyone but making it adjustable (different theme) by user. I don't think that's an inherent capability vBulletin has.
              Bruce DeVault
              QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Bidder
              by Bidder