Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ability to add more than 3 sub accounts

Hello,

I would like to suggest the ability to add more than three sub accounts.

I've been experimenting recently with the idea of "trade copying" and see
    quite a few advantages, at least for my style of trading and I had mapped
    out a path of opening additional accounts on the order of one or two a month to
    take full advantage of trade copying untilI reached maybe 10 accounts.

Recently, I had some difficulty opening the 3rd account and while trying to
    get that issue resolved I had an email exchange with a very helpful America
    Castro who informed me that the number of accounts were capped at four and if
    you did opt to have four accounts you would need a total of $25,000 across
    the four accounts.

Obviously, this was disappointing. These are scalping accounts so the balances
    do not need to be any more than $3000 - $5000. The requirement to maintain a
    minimum of $25000 would just represent "dead money" that I could be putting to use
    elsewhere and my goal of ~10 accounts would still not be possible.

I'm sure there is some reason for the current limits, but it looks like there are
    changes to the platform afoot and I'd like to suggest expanding the ability to add
    a greater number of sub accounts as a future change.

After all, they are still funded accounts and the commissions are still paid on all
    the trades so I don't see any obvious downside to NT. The only thing I can think of is
    that there is no interface for the customer to perform internal transfers so I have to
    reach out to your treasury support for assistance (Andrea G has always been most helpful)and
    I'm sure this creates some administrative overhead.

I could accrue accounts through a prop firm like Apex which currently has a limit of 20 accounts, but
    I'm not sure how working with a prop firm would impact my tax status and would rather not have any
    unnecessary entanglements when it comes to how I trade.

Thanks,
    Jim​

Hello Jim,

Thank you for your feedback.

I have submitted this as a request to Development. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-5804. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Comment

I also, have the same request, having more than 4 sub accounts. In my case I love programing robots that have a different strategy, but it would not only be a pain to figure out which one would run best, but also some would bite the other (in case you want to go short, while the other robot is still long).

I can fund them all, this would not be the issue, but the cap set to 4 will be reached shortly, can I not have like 10 to play with? And I can fund 10 each with 50k.

Comment

I have the same question. The link NT provided doesnt seem to work anymore. Van anyone share the outcome of the initial question?

Comment

Hello JohhnyBGood,

Please see the link below.
            Get the support you want and need 24/5 and join a community of active futures traders for trader-to-trader support. Learn more!

Click 'Enter Help Center'-->'Desktop Help Guides' to open the NinjaTrader Desktop help guide. On the left side, please click Release Notes and then the desired version.

The feature request to support more than 3 sub accounts is still on the list of possible future enhancements. I have forwarded your votes.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Massinisa  
            Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes