New NinjaTrader Logo and Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New NinjaTrader Logo and Color

I am sure that NinjaTrader wants to keep up with the rest of the technology world, but the new design with orange/red color hurts the eye and does not seem to be an improvement to the old "Ninja" logo.” What was the motive and how this is an improvement?

Cheers!

That's exactly how I see it and it's ugly too.
    sidlercom80
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Sidi Trading

Comment

We hired an outside branding agency to help us with the evolution of our brand that represents where we are heading as a company. Clearly you are not a fan
      With respecting the the orange color text in the context of the forum, I see what you mean about it being blinding and will raise this issue.
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I like it. Attention-grabbing is what you are trying to do. To win hearts and minds, you must first have the eyeballs. This is all in the interest of helping NinjaTrader win in the marketplace. Whether users who are already customers think it is ugly is not of paramount concern. It isn't for us.

Growing the community is in our interest. It doesn't have to match my office drapes.

--

Bruce DeVault
        QuantKey LLC
        www.quantkey.com
        Bruce DeVault
        QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
          I am sure that NinjaTrader wants to keep up with the rest of the technology world, but the new design with orange/red color hurts the eye and does not seem to be an improvement to the old "Ninja" logo.” What was the motive and how this is an improvement?

Cheers!

I remember having a similar complaint when the logo and colour was changed to the prior version. I don't know why I was worried back then, I soon got used to the new design, and ended up liking it.

I'm sure this new design will also grow on me.

Comment

Trying to keep up on branding trends but still on technology over a decade old. When will it ever be compiled/ported to .Net 6 or above.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce DeVault View Post
              I like it. Attention-grabbing is what you are trying to do. To win hearts and minds, you must first have the eyeballs. This is all in the interest of helping NinjaTrader win in the marketplace. Whether users who are already customers think it is ugly is not of paramount concern. It isn't for us.

Growing the community is in our interest. It doesn't have to match my office drapes.
              Agree that attention grabbing is a key marketing tool. In this case, however, it could have been done differently. You do not want to blind your viewers with a flashlight to tell them they should buy your batteries.

Not clear here who are the "us" in the "It isn’t for us", since the real "Ninja" already spoke.​ NinjaTrader is already an established company created originally with a "NINJA" trader in mind. It is thier good "Ideas" turned into a product that sells in long term, not the size and blinding color of a logo.

Cheers! And good luck to
              NinjaTrader_Ray
              Last edited by aligator; 03-05-2023, 08:56 PM.

Comment

I like the new design, but indeed, the color is a bit hard on the eyes

Comment

I would prefer dark mode...!

Comment

The colour is too harsh for my eyes but perhaps that's down to my age..sigh.

As to the logo. I don't see the letters NT but the first letter of the hebrew alphabet.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Aleph.b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	10.1 KB ID:	1238406

Click image for larger version  Name:	NT logo.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.4 KB ID:	1238398

Or a tap dripping water.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tap Dripping.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.7 KB ID:	1238396
                    Last edited by dj22522; 03-07-2023, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Is it just me, or does the new logo style remind anyone else of the FTX Logo?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	651
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	1238220

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	656
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	1238221

Comment

Oh boy I'm not alone in hating this color. I have Slate Gray skin and black wallpaper on my second monitor where main NT window located. I can imagine how annoying this logo is gonna be If I update. Also this color reminds me warnings in log tab

Comment

The bright orange color is rather horrid.

What was wrong with the huge rebranding effort done
                          just a few short years ago when NT8 was born?

Anything?
                          I mean, was there something so bad that this orange
                          idea was meant to fix?

No, there wasn't.
                          Stop changing things for change sake.

-=o=-

Besides, I've never seen a Ninja assassin wear his
                          assassin's uniform in orange. They're black, or if
                          you're the top dog, you wear a cool red one.

Nobody wears an orange Ninja assassin costume in
                          those old time Ninja assassin movies ... unless maybe
                          it's Halloween, no colded blood Ninja assassin would
                          be caught dead wearing orange ...

Comment

The following is meant to be constructive rather than critical. Just one person's opinion. What you do with it is up to you...

Yes, I think the orange color is more jarring and cheap looking than hip. The color also gives me cognitive dissonance with the ninja concept and with trading in general. Was it meant to be unique? Well, I guess NT succeeded on that front.

The re-brand makes me think NT is trying to appeal more to dumb money than sophisticated traders. That may be true, and it might be a good way to increase brokerage profits. So, while it may not be a _wrong_ decision, I don't care for it. What makes NinjaTrader stand out for me is the high quality and amazing support. For whatever subconscious reason, I now find myself worried that you're about to lose that quality and attention to detail. Not that you are, but that's what the new branding makes me feel.

The font style of the text logo isn't bad. It's probably the thing I like the best among the changes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	8.8 KB ID:	1239602

The small orange NT logo is a mess. As the favicon on a website, it's just mush, unrecognizable. When it's larger and legible it's still unbalanced, blocky and clumsy. If you change just one thing related to this brand upgrade, this should be it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	1.4 KB ID:	1239603
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	2.2 KB ID:	1239604

Yes, I know that people, myself included are often resistant to change. Yet there are other brand upgrades I've really liked. Could be personal preference.

Meanwhile, I really love a lot of the non-brand related recent developments. Brokerage website, mobile app.
                            Last edited by BarzTrading; 03-11-2023, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks for candid thoughts. I can assure you that our customer service model ethos has not changed. It's kind of funny, the prior logo that we had in place for 13+ years (I think) was me and my creative director in my office, putting it together in a day. This time, we spent a LOT of money on a high level branding agency, multiple customer-focus groups, employee interviews, external partner interviews and this is what they came up with. I do like it and represents an evolution in our brand but I do understand that not everyone will have the same opinion.
                              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by StrongLikeBull, Yesterday, 04:05 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                              Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
                              14 responses
                              0 likes