Market Analyzer handling of new plots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer handling of new plots

I recently ran into an issue that causes the user a lot of rework.
    If I build a Market Analyzer template (with many indicators, alerts and coloring) then add a plot to one of the indicators, NT won't load the template because of an IndexOutOfRange error.
    If the indicator indexes were tied to something immutable such as the indicator's "Values[]" index number, NT could see that all plots currently used by the template are still there and load the template. The user would then just have to update the Mkt Analyzer for the added plot, rather than having to recreate the entire template.

Hello tecmisc1,

You are correct, changing the implementation (meaning changing the code including logic, properties, and plots) of any script will cause a previously saved template to fail to load.

I will submit a feature request with your comments to our development for consideration on better handling of invalid templates.

Once I have a tracking ID for this request, I will post on this thread for future reference.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello tecmisc1,

This request is being tracked with ID# SFT-5760.

Please note, we receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number may be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post JoMoon2024  
      Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
      2 responses