Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-instate the ability to save Chart Trader preferences

Hi all.

In NinjaTrader 7, we had the ability to save the Chart Trader preferences.

In NinjaTrader 8, these preferences are stored in the Chart preferences (what you guys call "templates"). This is totally inappropriate!

Please restore the ability to save Chart Trader preferences separately!!!

Thanks.

Hello M_ichel,

Thank you for your message.

You may still save your Chart Trader preferences separately from your Chart Templates by right-clicking over the Chart Trader > selecting 'Properties' > and then selecting preset > save at the bottom of the Chart Trader Properties window after you have made any changes you would like to have applied automatically to future Chart Trader windows you create.

Here is a screenshot showing this option along with a visual walkthrough from our NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide - How to Set Default Chart Trader Properties

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_13.png
Views:	96
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1190118

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Justin D.

Of course you can save Chart Trader preferences separately. BUT YOU CAN'T USE THEM OUTSIDE THAT ONE CHART!!!

If you create a new Chart, with different chart parameters from the chart where you "saved" the Chart Trader preferences, you have to configure Chart Trader all over again, because you cannot use the preferences saved in another chart!!!

This is a HUGE step backwards from NinjaTrader 7!!! (In case you're not familiar with NT 7, Chart Trader had a button called "Save as Default" or something like that).

(For what it's worth: I use several charts. In various workspaces. I trade futures. I trade stocks. I trade ETFs. I do not trade futures the way I trade stocks. And vice-versa. That's why I have different workspaces. That's why I have several charts in those workspaces. I have workspaces (and charts) for what I call "surveillance". When the time comes to trade, I use a different workspace. Because trading is not the same as waiting for a trade opportunity.

HOWEVER, when the time comes to put on a trade, I expect my environment to LOOK and FEEL (it's actually called the "look and feel"!!!) the same, no matter what chart I happen to be using!

Sure. I can do that with NinjaTrader 8. All I have to do is manually configure all the Chart Trader parameters in each and every chart where I might want to enter a trade! Duh! What a waste of time! What frustation!!!

Believe it or not, it gets worse: suppose that in a month's time, I decide to tweek my parameters for Chart Trader. I will have to go into each and every chart and manually make the changes! Instead of just loading a template! Unbelievable!

Please excuse my rant. But I find it hard to understand how something as basic as this could have been so badly mishandled!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DJ888
      by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
      7 responses
      0 likes