Errors in log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errors in log

Hi - I made a point about this at least a couple years ago. Nothing seems to have changed, but I will make the suggestion one more time.

In the log, there are often errors produced that are useful. But, as presented, they are _useless_ !! The reason? They do not include the name of the indicator or chart name that produced them.
    For example

Click image for larger version

Name:	TGNXvWlRZa.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	1189468
    This is a seemingly random error. Which of the 15 charts or myriad of indicators on those charts created it? That simple inclusion would lead to the solution of the issue very quickly, yet, I'm left without a clue. These errors do not appear to cause an exception, so you cannot catch them in Visual Studio etc either.

So, that is the main gripe. There is an addition to this. Many Ninjatrader users remove the 'label' from their indicator so they don;t get a ton of clutter on their charts (I do this too), but if you do this and have any generated errors, again, NT would only ever quote the label which is empty, instead of the indicator name, so, again, useful error, but useless in that it can't help you as you do not know what generated it.

Here's hoping this simple suggestion to the developers will filter through and what is a very simple change to the error logging could make the data actually useful!

Thanks.

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you very much for your post.

Our NinjaScript Team has a pending feature request in this regard, listed under SFT-4093 - This feature request aims to change the log error to show the class name, rather than the label.

I've added a vote on your behalf to this request. When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Please don't hesitate to let us know, should you have any further suggestions!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

+1

Please add my vote.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Massinisa