Collapse

Ninjatrader 7 needs to find a newer compatible version with Interactive brokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader 7 needs to find a newer compatible version with Interactive brokers

Several users like me, have posted that Interactive brokers are going to "desuport" the actual TWS standalone version, a situation that many times has occurred in the past, and your dev. team always has found a solution pretty quickly. But apparently, this time is different. We've been told by a couple of NT members in the forum, that despite Ninjatrader 7 being supported, still, no solution is planned and they suggest to us that we better do the transition to Ninjatrader 8. Many of this community ( Ninjatrader 7 with Interactive brokers ) have not been able to do the transition for several issues. This should not be this way. If Ninjatrader 7 is supported, how can you neglect an issue with one of the biggest brokers ?

Please take care of this matter, it's important.

Thanks

Hello pstrusi,

Thank you for your feedback.

NinjaTrader 7 is no longer in active development and we cannot accept feature requests for this version of NinjaTrader.

The are currently no plans to update the supported version of TWS for use with NinjaTrader 7. We are unsure what 'desupported' means, so you may find that TWS 978.2 continues to function without issue beyond Interactive Brokers 'desupported' date. You may want to contact Interactive Brokers to learn more about what to expect if you choose this path.

You may also download and use the supported version for NinjaTrader 8 which is TWS 985.1g. We have not tested NinjaTrader 7 with TWS 985.1g, so the behavior and compatibility are unknown. The latest version supported can always be found in the connection guide:Here is a direct download link:Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kate for your quick answer with some suggestions. I'll try them out.
      It's sad to me knowing that Ninjatrader 7 is no longer supported with these broker's issues because NT7 is technically an efficient and fast solution.

Thanks again for your help

Comment

Hi Kate,

I've received the reason why IB's TWS version is being updated. I'm aware of your past explanation, but just in case this could be a minor adjustment for Ninjatrader7. I wish it could be possible.

Please Upgrade Trader Workstation (TWS)
        Dear Client,

We are contacting you because you or one of your sub-accounts has logged in to our systems during the past 7 days using an older version of the Trader Workstation that is still not patched against a global vulnerability in Apache's Log4j software library, commonly known as “Log4Shell".

To secure your Trader Workstation environment, it is important for you to download and install the latest "TWS Latest" version of Trader Workstation. Step by step instructions for this install can be found in the FAQ.

Due to the high risk nature of the vulnerability, we will discontinue operation of non-upgraded TWS installs on Wednesday, December 29.

For specifics on the vulnerability, please see the Knowledge Base.

It is our policy to protect client accounts from cyber-attacks, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Interactive Brokers

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

Thank you for your reply.

There are no plans to update NinjaTrader 7 to a newer version of TWS and we would encourage you to update to NinjaTrader 8 as we cannot submit a feature request to have this changed. As mentioned previously you can certainly try using the TWS 985.1g version, though this has not been tested, but we would highly suggest simply upgrading to NinjaTrader 8.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
          Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am using NinjaTrader 8 with the officially supported version of Trader Workstation and I also got the warning email today about how the build will no longer function after December 29th due to the Log4Shell vulnerability. The latest version of Trader Workstation is currently 10.12.2c. I have forwarded the email I received directly to support.

Comment

Hello ntbone,

Thank you for the note.

At this time we have not thoroughly tested newer versions of TWS so cannot confirm if they will work as expected with NinjaTrader 8. That is not to say that you would be unable to connect with a newer version of TWS, just that we could not confirm the stability.

Our development team is aware of the information you provided regarding the discontinuation of the currently supported version of TWS and is investigating if it would be feasible to officially support a newer version for use in NinjaTrader 8. In the meantime, you are certainly free to connect with the newer version while we conduct testing on our end.

Thank you for your patience as we investigate this item.
              Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Thank you so much for your patience while we investigated this item.

Interactive Brokers has provided patched versions of their Trader Workstation and Gateway software to eliminate the log4j vulnerability. We've tested 981.3g to ensure it maintains all functionality within NinjaTrader, and have confirmed that it does. The download links can be found in our connection guide below:Please ensure you're using these specific versions (981.3g) of either TWS or IB Gateway as soon as possible.
                Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Bidder
                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                4 responses