Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Forum Space for General C# Coding Questions

Hi NinjaTrader Support,

I'm relatively new to NinjaTrader and first time coding in C# (beginner-intermediate with Python - not a programmer by trade). I understand not being able to provide support for general coding questions on your forum (prioritize your resource towards helping use the NT software) but it'd be ideal to have a forum area for the community where we can ask & answer general coding questions in the context of NT8, knowing that this space would not be managed by NT support. Currently the options are mostly for using stackexchange, which is useful but lacks the NT context.

Requesting because I mostly learn through examples & tutorials but there are not many available for NT8, so finding myself running up against more issues than I'd normally expect. E.g. if you search on youtube for 'ninjascript tutorials' vs 'pinescript tutorials' you'll see that there aren't many, and its quite difficult to ramp up as a non-programmer without these. It may also help provide webinar source material.

Many thanks

ChainsawDR

Hello ChainsawDR,

Thanks for your post.

In general, you can ask almost any question and if we can answer it we will otherwise we can leave it open for community members to answer. We cannot teach programming but can point you to search for C# online tutorials.

In the help guide there is an educations reference section: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._resources.htm In that section are example strategies and indicators: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ce_samples.htm

We also point to the NT user apps section of the Ninjtrader ecosystem where you can find plenty of user-created examples and often point to specific downloads that may not be exact but are close enough to get you started: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share/ Please note: The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Can you elaborate on what education gap you are missing?
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Bidder
    by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
    4 responses